Roof Rack for 2004 Mazda 3 Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof Rack for 2004 Mazda 3 Available?

My daughter owns a 2004 Mazda 3 hatchback and would like to get a rack to carry her surfboard. However, she has not been able to find one available. Ideas?

Thule just came out with a solution 2 weeks ago. If you go to their website you can use thier fitting guide to see what is required. However, there is a problem. The most important part is the fit kit, that is what allows you to attach the feet to a specific car, and in turn use most of the rest of the attachments that Thule currently manufactures. The problem is that Thule says they now have a fit kit for the Mazda 3 but when I called them they said they havn't made any for 3 months!!!??? Sounds to me like they designed the part but haven't made it yet. I tried to order it and the phone representative said I couldn't. Who knows??? Good luck with the search.

Comment

I have a thule rack, and have had it for about 3 weeks to a month now. Just do a fit kit again on Thules website. It works well, biking is my life and the rack/car is a good fit.

Comment

Roof rack

Both Thule and Yakima have fit kits for Mazda 3 hatch. I've seen pictures of both and the Thule looks a bit sleeker. The Yakima crossbars look a little too wide on the car. I have seen a rack installed in the raingutter (no clips!) which looks even better -- I haven't been able to find it though. Anyone have any ideas?

John

Comment

mazda is sellin one now for the 3, i went lookin at the 3's this week. most of the 5drs have the roofrack if u want it, there are aftermarket roof racks for the sedan, ill be gettin a 3 soon and i gotta get a rack for my bike. thats just the info i know bout it......
          Maroon 1995 Probe SE
          Beige 1994 Protege DX
          Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
          X