Protege LX dash cluster boost light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege LX dash cluster boost light

I finally installed a Protege LX dash cluster w/ Tach on my 91'323.
    Wondering when does the boost light turn on? Those any one have it working?

own: 91'323 w/ angel eye projectors & 1.8 DOHC all motor

Boost light? What boost light?
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx

u know i was wondering the same thing...but the boost hole light has no bulb in it in my cluster..(came in my lx) im wondering can it be wired up?...how and when would it cut on???that would be dope ass fuq!

Comment

i dont have a boost light on mine. Is that a GTX cluster?
        Tag Team

Comment

yeah thats wut im thinking
          i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
            Where the check engine lights at on top look in the back of the cluster says boost .
            own: 91'323 w/ angel eye projectors & 1.8 DOHC all motor

Comment

all gauge clusters have it. mazda mass produced parts, then just made defunt slots. if you look closely you will have another defunct slot for and AWD tranny. iirc it is for the diff lock.
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

According to the online diagrams it's the pink wire on the GTX harness
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Hey Charles,

Sorry to bring this thread back from its well deserved grave, but what diagrams are you talking about? I could REALLY use a wiring diagram for my 91 DX that covers more than basic alarm and stereo wiring (especially the gauge cluster wiring). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comment

That's OK. If you search EBay, every once in a while, a Mazda Factory Service Manual will pop up. It's NOT the one on CD, that's not very good. It comes with a huge workshop manual in loose leaf 3 hole format, plus a smaller book with wiring diagrams of the car. There is also a scanned version of these in PDF format, but I don't know where to find them, especially since we're not supposed to post the link -- it's copyrighted material. It's well worth it to try to get the book off Ebay. I got mine for about $45 shipped, and has helped me out a ton.

Edit: Here's an example!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=34226

It's for 1991, for a 92 model I would probably use a 92 or 93 book, though you could probably get away with any of them. There were very few major changes that I know of.
                    Last edited by charles; 09-20-2004, 08:32 PM.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

8 bux shipped.

just gotta search like charles said.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Outstanding! I thought you meant an online diagram, but I'm going to see what I can do to win that manual.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

The boost light is actually just to indicate "overboost". So in reality, you don't want that light coming on.
                          1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                          MODS:
                          GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                          TO DO LIST:
                          EDM/JDM rear bumper
                          EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                          Repaint car

Comment

im gonna hook mine up so people will think i got some kind of boost
                            ClubProtege

Comment

hmm..that would be cool if i could make it come on at a certain RPM..ill just set it to where i think the spooling starts ....hmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X