My Car Is Crooked!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Car Is Crooked!!!!

OK after 95k miles i have decided to upgrade my suspension just a bit, I have Eibachs and Kyb struts in my closet but due to the current condition of the stl roads i do not want to lower my car just yet. Last week I bought some MSP springs and installed them this weekend, Now the front end of my car sits about 2 inched higher than the back. WTF. I noticed something flaky when i was putting the springs on, i did not have to compress the rear springs. NOw is this a known problem when installing the MSP springs on a 00dx or could it possible be just becuase the springs are on stock struts,,,do yall think that if i go ahead and install the kybs this weekend that it will solve my problem. thanks for any info or experience.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

It's common to not need to compress the rear springs on any aftermarket spring. Lots of kits do lower the rear more than the front to help eliminate the stink bug look. By 2" higher do you mean the "beltline" of the car, as in overall shape, (for example the bodyside moulding along the doors) or that there is 2" of fender gap at each end? Remember the fenders are cut out "higher" porportionally in the front than the back.
    2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
    I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

than thats the problem because the beltline is straight, ill take a picture though because that wheel well gap has to go....that looks like ****
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Look At This ****
        Attached Files

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

My 01 lx is the same .I have mp3 springs as well . Yes it doesnt look right ,but the handling is great

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
          Motegi MR12 rims in gold
          Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
          MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
          Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
          P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

its starting to grow on me, maybe it will look better when i put the gr2's on this weekend, ill figure sompin out to straighten her out.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Hey, at least you didn't have THIS MUCH wheelgap w/ my MSP springs and struts:
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

hehe thats why i bough ebachi springs it gets reid of that ugly gap

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                  uhh dude... you have a ****ty 1.6 engine... how much do you expect it to weigh with it installed in the car?

True, but i dont think the weight of the engine has anything to do with the "lack" of wheel gap in the back....bye the way, hey negatize you have the 1.8 right? huh looks like the same amount of gap in the front as my car with the ****ty 1.6. I guess the problem is how much the back is sagging. I dont think the struts are going to change it any but ill know this weekend, i might just have to put the "eibachis" on after all and say fuq_A_pothole.
                  Last edited by Kelly; 04-07-2004, 07:24 AM.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I have the Eibachs (Prokit) and the KYBs installed on my 99 ES, it looks great eliminates the gap very nicely but I live in NW Ohio and the roads suck, I find myself watching the road more for potholes cracks etc., It can be a very jarring experience, I think my seat has come loose and I broke the weld holding my muffler to the hanger, but on the flip side she handles like shes on rails, so go with the Eibachs,

99 ES 5 spd
                    AWR header
                    AEM SRI
                    2.25 custom SS catback
                    Magnecor wires Denso Iridium plugs
                    B&M short shifter redline MT90 fluid
                    Eibach prokit KYB Struts
                    Powerstop slotted rotors, EBC greenstuff pads
                    Optima redtop, Catz Zetas 8500k bulbs
                    Clear sides and corners

Comment

i was planning on eventually using my eibachs but i drive 120 miles a day on the interstate so until i finish school in 15 weeks i think ima just stick to driving crooked, and the car handles great it just looks dumb as hell.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Now that I think about it, Racing Beat had something on their site about how much the MP3 springs lower the car and there were different specs for different models/motors. Maybe the 1.6./1.8/2.0 have enough weight differences to alter the outcome of a spring swap in the front.
                        2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
                        I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

yeah but if you look at negatizes, he has the 1.8 and his car sets even in front and back, my front sits as high as his but my rear sits barely above the tire...the weight of the engine has nothing to do with my problem....the rear of my car should sit higher.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I have the 1.6, not the 1.8

Plus, I have the MSP Tokico struts, while you have the stock struts.

It's all fixed now. Currently I have the MSP struts and Eibach springs.
                            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I have the Pro kits and I just got KYB struts in last week and there is a bit of gap.
                              I think the problem in my case is my wheel size. 16" rims with 40 series tires. This is actually an inch or 2 smaller than my stock tires. Which is about the size of my gap.

So if my aftermarket tires were the same size as my stock tires I would be lookin good, instead of the ol gap.

You need to oversize the wheels my man. I wish I had the money to do that.
                              2000 Silver Protege LX 1.6L
                              Injen CAI
                              16" Quantem Tek Type S15 (silver)
                              215/40ZR Falken GRB
                              Mesh front grill
                              Custom 2.25" stainless exhaust magnaflow muffler/4" tip
                              Eibach Pro kit springs/KYB struts

Comment

Working...
                              X