Kumho Ecsta V710 Tire Eligibility Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kumho Ecsta V710 Tire Eligibility Suspended

TOPEKA, Kan. (April 6, 2004) – Kumho Tire has announced the discontinuation and collection of its ECSTA V710 Competition tire.

In a written statement that cited inconsistent test results relating to tread splice and tread area durability as the primary reason for the discontinuation, the tire manufacturer also said that the sale of the V710 would cease immediately and that any tires in the market will be collected from consumers.

Consumers who have purchased the ECSTA V710 Competition Tire are eligible for free tire replacement and have their choice between the Kumho ECSTA V700 or Victoracer tire. The tires may be turned in at the dealer where they were purchased or consumers can call 1-800-445-8646 ext. 342 to arrange for tire return and replacement.

In light of the product’s discontinuation of sales and Kumho’s effort to collect existing product from consumers, SCCA is suspending, immediately, the eligibility of the Kumho ECSTA V710 for use in Club Racing and Solo events until further notice.

Also, until such notice is given, this suspension includes any subsequent, newer-model Kumho tires.

For further information, visit Kumho Tire’s website at Kumhousa.com/V710.asp.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

HHHmmmm makes me wonder! Nice info.!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

this is JUST for the V710.

None of the other Kumho tires. It shouldn't make you wonder.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

And being that the V710's just a race tire, shouldnt make much of a difference to most people anyway.

To me, it sounds good news for everyone that has a set of V710's. It's like getting brand new tires for free!
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

whats the line about subsequent newer tires, does that mean that any khumo tire thats newly released won't be eligible?

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
            this is JUST for the V710.

None of the other Kumho tires. It shouldn't make you wonder.
            I wonder about everything!
            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Working...
            X