X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Don't have any info yet...
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Ok, first thing first. This car is ugly, and I am appalled that Jeep decided to go in this deirection. But to my point. On the interior shot, I inserted a window that shows a 4WD/N switch. The point is, I worked with the design team of that switch as a part of my co-op. I go to a five year school, where for one year you work in your field to get experience. Well, that was one of my co-ops. I build these prototypes from ground up, from blank pcbs, to soldering resistors, microswitches, LEDs, and assembling them together. I had to build them every week, 20-30 at a time. Man, those were good times. I will also post pics of other switches I worked on from other Chrysler/Dodge and Ford models.
    Attached Files
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Good job, Aleksey...
      Too bad that Jeep is ugly as hell!

Comment

hey you worked @ Pollak too

i worked there for a few coops as well, but designed the navigator switches way back when!!

Q

Comment

Originally posted by Qfactor
          hey you worked @ Pollak too

i worked there for a few coops as well, but designed the navigator switches way back when!!

Q
          Oh, wow. I never expected to see another former Pollak employee on this board. I know what you are talking about, because I worked on them as well. I did thousand of light tests on those. For some reason, some of them kept failing on the line, and we could not figure out whether it was the LEDs, plastics, or laser etching. I even went to Detroit, well actually Wayne, MI, where they make Expeditions and Navigators, but that was for another reason. It was a great experience, spend a week in Detroit, learned loads of new stuff, saw those camouflaged future cars, and watch the Tigers lose to Rangers and A-rod. But hey, nice to talk to you. Did you go NU or another school?
          Last edited by turbonium959; 04-07-2004, 01:34 AM.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
          X