Scion tC Pricing Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scion tC Pricing Announced

Scion, a new line of vehicles from Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today announced the pricing of its newest addition, the tC sport coupe.
    The tC adds a new level of excitement to Scion. The two-door coupe will feature a 160-horsepower engine, four-wheel disc brakes, and standard 17-inch alloy wheels with Z-rated tires. Though the tC has the look of a coupe, it features the versatility of a hatchback. Its extensive standard equipment list includes the first standard all-glass panorama moonroof in the segment.

The tC will offer buyers the chance to personalize their vehicle with a choice of nearly 40 accessories for dealer installation. A rear spoiler, 18-inch wheels and tires, and various interior trim components may be added to suit personal taste. For drivers who want even more sport in their tC, accessories from Toyota Racing Development (TRD) will include a 19-inch wheel and tire package, suspension components, and a supercharger that will boost horsepower to approximately 200.

The 2005 Scion tC will go on sale nationally in late June 2004 with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $15,950. Delivery, processing, and handling fees of $515 result in a base price of $16,465 for the five-speed manual transmission model. An available four-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission is available for $800.

The Scion xA sedan and xB urban utility vehicle were launched last year in California and currently are sold in 24 states. The entire Scion vehicle line-up will go on sale nationally in June at nearly 800 select Toyota dealerships across the country.
    Sounds very competitive to me. Keep in mind Scion base models have a lot of stuff standard - power everything, traction control, ABS, etc. Mazda3 vs. Scion tC just became a tough choice for me.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Optional supercharger:

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Standard features for $16 grand:

Air Conditioner
      Power Windows (with one-touch up/down on driver & passenger window w/ pinch protection)
      Power Door Locks with Remote Entry
      Power Outside Mirrors
      Panorama Moonroof with Power Slide/Tilt Front Glass Panel and Dual Manual sunshades
      Rear Window Defogger
      Digital Clock
      Dual Power Points
      Outside Temperature Gauge
      Tilt-Steering Wheel
      Tachometer and Trip Meter
      Sport Front Bucket Seats with Fabric Upholstery and Driver's Seat Adjustable Thigh Support
      Cruise Control
      Cargo Area Storage
      Driver's Seat One-Touch Walk-In w/ Track and Seat Angle Memory
      60/40 Split Folding Rear Seat
      Rear Window Shading
      Driver and Passenger Sun Visor Mirror w/ Cover
      Hard Cargo Cover
      Amber Instrument Panel Illumination
      17" Alloy Wheels
      Multi-Reflector Auto-off Halogen Headlamps
      Side Mirrors with Turn Indicators
      Intermittent Front Wipers
      Chrome Exhaust Tip
      Pioneer AM/FM/CD Head Unit (MP3 and Satellite controller capable)
      Scion Sound Processing
      6-Speakers (including 2 tweeters)
      Rear Fender-Mount Antenna
      Driver and Passenger Front Airbags
      Driver Knee Airbag
      Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
      Driver and Passenger 3-Point Seat Belts
      Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
      Three-Across Rear Head Restraints
      3-Across 3-Point Rear Seat Belts
      First Aid Kit
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

ok tell me this: is that a supercharger?
        i is dumb

Comment

Sure is...it's an option from the factory.
          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

i am in love.

2000 White Protege LX
            Sumitomo 195/60HR14
            2 x Polk DB570 (5"x7")
            Kenwood KDC-MP522 Head Unit
            Kenwood KAC-7251 (800 W) Amp
            Audiobahn AWC10T x 2 Subs
            Kenwood Music Keg
            Black Widow Keyless Entry
            Intake- Custom SRI
            Clear Corner Lights
            APC Clear Tail Lights

Comment

how much hp does the supercharged version make
              i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                how much hp does the supercharged version make
                Read his first post, around 200

I love this car, I can't wait until they're released, I just may get rid of my cars and buy one.
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

I get the feeling Toyota's going to sell a zillion of these...Did I read that right? It's a hatchback?
                  ~Mark.
                  2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

That's a sweet car. Is it competing against another vehicle or is it in a class of its own? I can't think of a car that costs $16K and has a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      That's a sweet car. Is it competing against another vehicle or is it in a class of its own? I can't think of a car that costs $16K and has a turbo.
                      It's not going to cost $16k with the supercharger, it's a option from TRD. THat itself will probably be an extra $2k
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

looks a LOT sweeter in those photo's.

I liked the xA a lot, but I hate how the gauges are in the center...thats a super retarded looking feature of the car. Plus the seats sit up WAY too high in that car. Maybe the tC actually feels more like a car and not like a jacked up small SUV
                        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Hate to dig this back up, but the more I read about these things, they're going to sell like freaking hotcakes. If I can find a dealer close enough around here, I'm definately going to try and get one if they're are nice as they sound.

****, for $16.5k (base+destination), you can't beat that. Everything is freaking standard equipment!
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

i sense the refreshed Tiburon may have some serious competition in the 2 door hatch market....

but you still can't get HID in this baby like you can in a 3, you get what you pay for in this business

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

I saw a supercharger like that on Super2NR tv once, this guy said it was an all universal S/C that has a pulley that connects to that shaft that runs over and spins the impeller on the intake. It took the guy like 15 minutes to install in on a civic, and it went from like 17s to like 14s just like that. Cool ****, that body style is way better than the Mazda 3's. They should turbo the 3 to compete with this and the Ion Redline.
                              Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X