Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange clearance issues with coil overs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange clearance issues with coil overs...

Ok, so tonight I notice that the right rear is pulled in the wheel well a little more than the left rear. I went over some rail road track this evening and suddenly a wierd noise emits from the right rear wheel well.

Get home and find the problem. The right rear tire is rubbing the shock/ coil over for some reason. The left rear has a nice gap, plenty of clearance, they right rear however, touches. And it is worse when the suspension is compressed.

This is with JIC FLT-A2 and the stock MP3 wheels...Any ideas as to why there is no clearance on the right and plenty of room on the left?

It is as if the right rear simply doesn't sit out far enough from the hub, or for some reason, the wheel is wider? I'm confused and angry.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Well, with coilovers it is very important that the spring perches are adjusted at the same height all the way around. Sounds to me that there aren't adjusted evenly.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
      Well, with coilovers it is very important that the spring perches are adjusted at the same height all the way around. Sounds to me that there aren't adjusted evenly.
      They should be. We sent each perch at 2" from bottom on each corner. Could that corner have moved down for some reason but still be insanely tight? I don't think that would cause the wheel to sit right againt the spring...

I loaded the suspension in the air, and it was tight. The back left was off of the ground too. So, the right rear should have been on itsown load and no other wheel would have effected it.
      "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
      2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Working...
      X