• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pulling to the right

hey

this has been an issue on the car since i got it

here is the scoop:
    -cv boots are fine, nice and rubbery, no cracks.

problem #1:
    steering wheel is turned to the left (almost 45deg.) when car goes straight. what caused this. no accident ever on the car.

problem #2:
    the whole car pulls to the right when you let go of the steering wheel, no matter what the condition of the road is.

i am gonna replace the bearings before i do anymore work in the car.
    what else should/could be done to fix or minimize those issues.

Q

4 wheel alignment...
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

yea definately go with the alignment before anything else. Have you lowered your car? Lowering will especially fuxor your alignment until you get it readjusted. But, even if you haven't lowered your car, it is not unlikely that your alignment is fuxored anyway.
      Tag Team

Comment

could've just hit a curb or something, I had a friend with the same problem

Comment

answer A
          this is from alignment after alignment and never adjusting for steering wheel position. This can be corrected by adjusting the tie rod ends at the front suspension (part of an alignment, used for adjusting the toe)

answer B
          the first thing to check is air pressure, lower pressure on one side can cause the car to pull to that side. Then have the alignment checked.

Comment

ok here are more details:

-tire pressure: 35psi front, 32psi rear

-alignments have been done at every tire/brake change, so mazdaracer's theory is probably correct. time for a new alignement with a special note to the mechanic.

we'll see about the pulling afterwards.

Q

Comment

Originally posted by Qfactor
              ok here are more details:

-tire pressure: 35psi front, 32psi rear

-alignments have been done at every tire/brake change, so mazdaracer's theory is probably correct. time for a new alignement with a special note to the mechanic.

we'll see about the pulling afterwards.

Q
              You can also check the physical condition of the front tires. Sometimes tires can wear differently (different batch of tires) and that can lead to a pulling issue as well.

Comment

Working...
              X