going to paint the interior but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to paint the interior but...

i know i need latex paints, but what kind of primer do i use?

Why use latex paint when there is paint made for vinyl and paint made for fabric?
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

whoops, i meant vinyl... anyway, what kind of primer do i need? obviously it's not the same kind of primer you'd use for wood....

Comment

Every vinyl piece I've done, I cleaned the surface with an ammonia based cleaner, seemed to work fine without primer.

BTW, did the whole interior of my friends 92 Eclipse like this and it worked out find.
        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
        MODS:
        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
        TO DO LIST:
        EDM/JDM rear bumper
        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
        Repaint car

Comment

happen to have any pics?

i hope manual i bought tells me how to take out all the pieces.. if not it should be interesting trying not to break them :-S

Comment

Working...
          X