up front bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

up front bass

well, after deciding to redo my dash, the whole moving the HU down, and the HVAC controls too, i was thinking about making a new center console, with an 8" sub up front then i'll also be able to mount the nintendo, and whatever else i want in the center consol i'm planning on using the RE 8's, cause they're well built, and only need .217 cu ft of air space the sub will be facing down, right in the middle, under the dash any thoughts or suggestions?

just buy lots of resin and fiberglass

Last edited by walight01; 09-14-2003, 01:35 PM.
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

That sounds sweet. I have been contemplating trying to build small enclosure in my doors for an 8" sub in each door. If you are going to redo the console and dash anyway, might as well incorporate the 8" in there. Especially if you go with a 15" Brahma, if I remember correctly

Comment

is there enough room to put it in the center console??????
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
          is there enough room to put it in the center console??????

i'll make room damnit

rider, i was planning on putting 8's in the doors, but decided to leave my components there, cause i don't like how much room kick panels take up but i'll probably be making pods for my doors for my components

Comment

Just simply place your engine in your trunk and put the subs under the hood (like you see in Porsche 911 installs):p: That would be something. You would definitely would have a show stopper if you could pull that one off!!
            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
            Groundkit

Comment

That sounds cool. You should build a rear center console with an 8 in it too. Then you could give it to me so I don't have to try and make one

When are you gonna start on this project? Take lots of pics, I would like to see how you do it. It might give me some ideas on my project.
              02 Protege ES

Comment

hopefully i'll start it today or tomorrow i'm picking up a table saw tonight, cause my family gave me to money for my birthday to get one they know how much i've wanted and needed one:p: if you want me to build a rear one for you, i could, but it'll take a while, cause this is my first time off in over month but i might be coming home for good as early as october

Comment

Hey, thanks for the offer. I want to build it myself though. I keep thinking what about this, what about that, how is that going to work, and crap like that. Once I actually get started though I think it will be fun. I think I got most of it figured out now except how to make it look the same as the interior panels.
                  02 Protege ES

Comment

i'd suggest using vinyl to make it match your interior i am assuming you have grey interior like me so grey vinyl to match the doors will look nice.

Comment

I have the black interior. But yeah, I noticed yesterday that there is actually some material on the lid to the storage in the center console. I think I will be able to find some to match it.
                      02 Protege ES

Comment

why not get it fiberglassed and then paint it that silver color that are in the 3rd gen interiors

Comment

wow, i was looking at how much i'd have to move to put an 8 up front, and it's not happening in the center console i could make it fit, if i hadn't moved the HVAC controls down, though or if i felt like removing the floor vents, and a lot of the AC ducts i'll just see about putting them in my doors

Comment

Are you able to or no one who can make custom door panels? That would be the way to go. I have 6 1/2's that just fit, but I think a pair of 8's would give more in the midbass region than 6 1/2's which are kind of weak (even for Reference Sound Stream drivers). They are geared more towards upper midrange than lower end, plus there is only so much that sized driver can deliver unless in a specially made box like Bose and other companies make them in for home stereo use. Damn rear seats!! Do you realize how much room you could have if those were out?!
                            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                            Groundkit

Comment

right now i'm trying to decide if it's going to be worth it to make all new door panels, or make pods that attatch to them. the new door panels sound like a pain in the ass, but would look really cool. if i do that, i'll probably get some different door handles, and make a new window switch

Comment

Working...
                              X