BP26 owners...what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP26 owners...what is this?

The little module to the right of thhe dist cap right above the words bp26.. havent done any research yet just curious to know if anyone can aswer this quick for me.

also there a sensor looking this that has one wire going into it.. it goes into the head and its right under the hose comming out of the thermostat housing in this same pic, anyone know exactly what its for ? also also.. the temp sensor that goes into the thermostat housing controlls what exactly.. i know the BP motor has like 3 temp sensors, where are the rest ? thanks.. I'm almost sure about most of these things, but i want to be 100% certain, haltech wiring will begin shortly.
    00 dakota 4x4
    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Edit:

here's a picture that should answer your questions

Last edited by Identity_X; 04-08-2004, 10:54 PM.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I looked in the FSM, and to me it looks like the Pressure Regulator Control Valve. If thats correct then the one below it is the injector harness, then directly below that is the knock sensor.
      It shows the TPS being on the throttle body.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

FPR Solenoid. It should have a line going to the nipple on your #4 intake runner.
        The BCS is attached to the VAF section on GTX, the picture above is for the GTR which has the solenoid mounted on the compressor housing.
        -Braden
        '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

thanks, that's helpful, now the 2nd question please ? lol
          00 dakota 4x4
          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

It is the temp sending unit. Goes to the gauge on the dash. The on on the outer portion near the outlet is the fan thermoswitch, and the one in the head near the intake manifold is for the ECU.
            -Braden
            '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

i know the one on the thermost that it was the others i was a bit wierded on thanks a lot braden, appreciate it.
              00 dakota 4x4
              90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Working...
              X