Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air bag reinstall

hey all,

i'm going to be installing a new set of airbags this weekend (in a 95 ES). i was wondering if it's just a simple matter of removing the old parts and installing new ones, or do i have to do it any specific order/reset computers/**** like that?

i just don't want the damn things to go off while i'm installing them... $250 for firecrackers is not my idea of a good time. but i can't deal with this flashing red light anymore. grr...

anyone who's done this or knows of a good how-to, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

there's also some plugs you can disconnect either below the glove-compartment or the steering column. i really don' remember where it was, i know that doesn't help too much. but yeah you can unplug them so they will not go off as well...more like extra preventative steps.
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

The one on the driver's side is really easy. But I have no idea how to get to the passenger side airbag.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I would have to look in the fsm. I took mine out before a while ago to change the steering column. I can look in the fsm and see what it says. Maybe take a photo of the page and post it.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

a photo or scan would be exceptionally helpful, if you could.

Comment

well, thanks for the advice. we unhooked the battery, swapped out the old ones, put in the new ones, crossed our fingers, re-connected the battery, and... no explosions.

the whole thing was pretty easy. the most diffcult part was getting to the mounting bolts on the passenger's side. i now wonder why the dealer quoted me $3000 to do this.

Comment

Working...
            X