Wheel spacers and sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel spacers and sway bars

I wanna get the H&R spacers. Will I need camber adjustment with the 25mm spacers?

Also I got my Tokico shox in and wanna get a sway bar set. (warning: dumb question incoming) Do sway bars come with endlinks or will I be using my existing endlinks?
    2002 Protege LX
    ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Spacers and camber? I don't see the relation unless I'm missing sumpin'. The Tokicos have a beefed up tab for sway bar mounting. This is for a reason. Alot of folks have been tearing off/messing up the stock OEM strut tabs with bigger sway bars. It stands to reason that the stock end-links are probably not up to the job either. Someone in here bought the MSP bars and said they came with new end-links but they looked the same as the old ones. Maybe they are beefier, I dont know. I know Tony at AWR makes fine solid/adjustable threaded end-links for both ends of the car. You'll break the bar before these puppies fail. His 21MM bar comes with them, the 19MM does not.
    2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
    I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

I don't see why you would need to adjust camber for spacers. All you're doing is pushing the wheels further out. Longer/stronger wheel studs, maybe.

Yeah, the MSP swaybar set came with a set of two rear endlinks. They were exactly the same in size/shape as the ones off my stock 99 LX rear swaybar. I put the new ones on anyway.

For the record, I ran the AWR 21.5mm bar for over a year with my old stock struts. The endlink tabs didn't break, but I do agree...they definitely need to be thickened.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

FYI, if you have a 99/00 Protege and have the short front endlinks, read this thread:
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

spacers push the wheel out, putting more pressure on the inside treads of the tire, so i was thinkin id need to adjust the cambers to balance out the tire wear

link to AWR?

i have a 2002 pro btw
          2002 Protege LX
          ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

http://www.awrracing.com/awr.html AWR racing link
            2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
            I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
              I don't see why you would need to adjust camber for spacers. All you're doing is pushing the wheels further out. Longer/stronger wheel studs, maybe.

The wheel spacers have separate lugs. Basically they bolt to the hub using the factory lugs, and then you bolt the wheels to another set of lugs that are for lak of a better term integrated to the hub.
              You can see the photos on the corksport site.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
              X