Tinted windows, FINALLY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinted windows, FINALLY!!!

I am finally getting tint and plan on paying a professional after almost 3 years without it! No more bright lights in the rear view mirror :ARCADE: This has to be the longest I have been with out tint in any car that I have ever owned (the whole 3 before this one)
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Congradumalations. How dark are you gonna be tinting em?
    Eric Johnson
    Intense Performance
    Mazda Club of South Florida
    http://www.ipmcsfl.com
    Former President/Webmaster
    Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
    - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
    - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
    - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
    - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
    Current project: None...

Comment

coolness, i want to tint mine as well, whats it cost where you are?
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

it sucks not havin tint, i just recently did mine and it looks like a different car, much nicer IMO, i went 20 % all around with a life time warranty for only $150. i think you'll like the outcome!
        2003 protege dx; black mica
        titanium tip thermal exhaust
        k&n typhoon complete CAI
        custom engine dress up
        custom interior dress up
        5" autometer tach-silver face
        20% solar tint all around
        obx stainless steel headers
        stainless steel strut bar
        Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
        17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment

Hopefully I will get tint soon since I now live in a tint legal state. I just don't have the cash right now. I want to see some pics when its done.
          02 Protege ES

Comment

when i got mine tinted they had tons of cool tints. i went with a metallic and reflective dark blue. looks so sick, especially when the sun hits it and it looks like a mirror. good thing is its not actually that dark looking out, but you cant see in. i love it. quite a bit more expensive than normal black tint, but well worth every penny of the 240 i spent. another cool tint ive seen is the black tint that fades to silver. very tight. just dont put those damn tint flames on there. those things look so gay and everyone around here seems to have them.
            2002.5 protege dx

Comment

Bout time! I couldn't stand not having my windows not tinted! The sun wuld get on my nerves! Congrats man!!!
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

im tinting my windows green
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Kr33peR
                  Congradumalations. How dark are you gonna be tinting em?
                  I think the state only allows 35% on the sides and 20% on the back. I am not sure of the cost. I haven't called around. Also, I know it varies state to state, but any one with windshield tint. The factory one doesn't have one.
                  2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                  KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                  Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                  Groundkit

Comment

i got 30% all around. wanted a more uniform look, rather than splitting the tint up. it's not very noticable from outside, but from inside the sun is definitelly having problems running people over with my car now. i guess i could have gone with 20% all around, but at the time i got em tinted, i was working in an area where 7 cop cars show up anytime someone gets pulled over, thats how bored they are. didnt wanna fuel the fire with too-dark tints.
                    oh and i paid $260 for mine, expensive ass neighborhood
                    2002 Protege LX
                    ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

yeah i really need tit as well, i just have diffrent things to spend 200+ dollars on.
                      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!
                      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                        yeah i really need tit as well, i just have diffrent things to spend 200+ dollars on.

Ben, we know you are a little sexually frustrated, but don't go to prostitution....
                        2000 DX, Blue
                        Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                        2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
                        X