GTR + 1995 Mazda 323 ( NEO )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTR + 1995 Mazda 323 ( NEO )

OK .... it looks like i found out the mounts are all 2nd gen ....
    ( from the Protege FAQ on www.ClubProtege.com )

+

Now .... you guys have to help me with the ODB1 to ODB2 wireing and getting the dashboard to work

Here is what i got from PseudoR:

- bolt ups GTR to trany ... use 2nd gen mounts
    - use 1st gen flywheel & starter to match (225mm)
    - misc connectors, pipes, bolts ... etc

2 point to interface with 2nd gen harness:

- main fuse box and ( most of it is just matching colors )
    - white and black connectors near the ecu ( for the cluster )

Inorder for your car to run all you need to do is to hook up 2 wires to the ecu, the 'start sign' (violet?) to the ignition starter wire (black/blue?) and a constant power wire to the ecu (forgot which one)

- i couldn't find where the fuel pump relay was, so i just tapped into the wires coming from the fuel pump and and gave it 12V from an accessory wire.

- the last thing you need to do is to give power to the ignition coil when the key is in the 'ON' position. we just tapped one of the wires from the fuse box and hooked it up to one of the wires on the coil...

Are you a bad enough dude to save the universe and help this guy put a GTR in a 95 323 ?
    Last edited by Black_91_GT; 04-09-2004, 11:25 PM.

- 95 323 Neo + GT-R ( http://323.a-spec.ca )
    - 90 Protege GT
    - 91 Protege 4WD
    - 93 323 + T3/T04E

1.8 tps is like this.....

+5 volt == RED/GREEN
    Throtlle % == GREEN/WHITE
    Ground == BLACK?BROWN
    Idle Switch == RED/WHITE

the ground and the idle switch need to be connected together to ground for it to work proporly.

- 90 Protege GT
    - 91 Protege 4WD
    - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Yeah, I suppose I exaggerated a little bit when I said "all". KDawg has apparently confirmed that he does infact have the G his is a BP powered 97 LX like mine however his is the regular LX and Mine is the "Touring Edition", I don't know what the difference is offhand.
      Where would I find this "G" stamping by chance?? Is it something that is highly noticeable? and in a certain area of the tranny, or on the bellhousing for example??
      I think we discussed it before, but I can't seem to find the thread ATM.

Originally posted by TheMAN
      we still don't know for sure.. that's the thing... you have a 97, go look on your tranny to see if there's a big "G" stamped on it... there's other numbers but those are illrelevant

it's hard to believe all the canadian 1.8 2nd gens have the G tranny though, because the 96-98 JDM and European market 2nd gens ALSO switched to the cheaper/****ty F tranny... AFAIK, all BHAs in the world switched to the F tranny after the first model year
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Went out to the driveway with my camera and took some pics.

There wasn't actually a stamping on the tranny so to speak, more like some raised lettering on it that caught my attention.
        The pics are kinda blurry as my digicam is a sucky brand X model
        The first pic, assuming they show up in the right order, you will see the area circled in black it was taken from underneath. the letters/numbers I forget exactly but was something like F5D2. Well, "F5" I remember 100% thats what they were, because when I saw that I was thinking of the F5MR tranny. The D2 I don't know though. The aera circled in red just for reference is the clutch release lever.
        The second pic is taken from the top and you can see the same area circled in red. The aera circled in Yellow I'm kinda curious as to what that is there for. The label, It had some alpha-numeric printings on it as well as a bar code lookin thing. I know I looked at this before and in no particular order it had "F" "26" "06" and some others.
        Attached Files
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

if it says "F5" then you have the F25M-R... just like I thought
          the other numbers are illrelevant, they're just date codes and version numbers and such

Reality bityes

Comment

you really don't need the 1.5 auto **** anyway... pretty much the whole harness is useless for the GTR swap as you should be using the 1st gen/GTR harness

you NEED to get the FSM for that 323... there is no way around it.. the 323 is still pretty different from the "normal" 2nd gens... the FSM will have the wiring diagrams for all the other ancillaries such as the gauge cluster ****... it will have the much needed torque spec info, coolant routing, and all the other **** too
            Would FSM stand for Factrory Service Manual ?

Could i go to a dealer and ask them to photocopy the info that i need since no one seems to have that stuff kicking around ?

I have a parts service manager i know at a Mazda dealership ... i will see if i can borrow some books for a weekend to make some scans from or just go there with my scanner ...

Does anyone one need any scans from other stuff that i can grab while i am there ?

- 90 Protege GT
            - 91 Protege 4WD
            - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

[QUOTE=Black_91_GT]
              QUOTE]

Oh ****! You have one of the canadian 323F's??? Damn those things are rare as fock.

Do you have any pictures of the car? i wanna see!
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Last edited by Black_91_GT; 04-12-2004, 01:17 AM.

- 90 Protege GT
                - 91 Protege 4WD
                - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

those pics show that car have a 7000rpm redline on the tach... this is indicative that the car originally had a BP
                  As opposed to having what ?

- 90 Protege GT
                  - 91 Protege 4WD
                  - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

i love how those 323's look....any more for sale?

and from my previous research, those canadian market 323's came with 1.8 BP's stock, no other engine was offered in the short time in 1995 they were sold.
                    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

i think they look like a percidia had a one night stand with a CRX, they look just a little to different for me.
                      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                      So his engine he goosed
                      With much too much boost,
                      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I suppose you didn't know the Z5 redlined at 6500rpm?

it helps to look up some "normal" info from the FAQ ya know
                        This car had a 1.5L Auto in it orriginaly

- 90 Protege GT
                        - 91 Protege 4WD
                        - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Well my question is, although the 1.5l and the 1.8l have different redlines. Will I have to change the tach to get it to redline at 7000? I'm wondering because I may get a strong pull up to redline, and if I redline at 6500, I will lose performance. I hope that made sense lol. So basically, will I lose power by that? thanks
                          Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                            Went out to the driveway with my camera and took some pics.

There wasn't actually a stamping on the tranny so to speak, more like some raised lettering on it that caught my attention.
                            The pics are kinda blurry as my digicam is a sucky brand X model
                            Hey man, wassup. I know this isn't related to the original topic, but I had to point out the fact that your pics come out blurry not because your camera is cheap but because you're taking the pics from too close. I know you probably know that, but... try not to take extreme close-ups and you shoyld be aight.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                              Hey man, wassup. I know this isn't related to the original topic, but I had to point out the fact that your pics come out blurry not because your camera is cheap but because you're taking the pics from too close. I know you probably know that, but... try not to take extreme close-ups and you shoyld be aight.
                              Possible, but I didn't really have the room to take them from further away.

Comment

Working...
                              X