Cracked front bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked front bumper

Hey everyone... need some opinions / advice.

I had a minor accident where I ran over something in the road. The result was a cracked front bumper and broken lower grill in my 2003 ES.

I now need to replace it.

I don't have a deep wallet to do a whole lot of up body up grades, but would still like to see what my options are. I was wondering what the options are for a new front bumper with out either a lot of money or hassel to put a new bumper on. I've looked at various websites and looked through the post at some of the kits (Corksport / Wings West / MP3 / Mazdaspeed / etc) but I get confused on how much the various kits cost versus all the parts I would need.

What is the simplest option (besides a direct replacement) versus the most complicate (costly) option.

Thanks for any input.

Nate

Depending on how bad the crack is you may be able to repair it ,and replace the grill . This would be the cheapest way to go . I may have a 2001 LX front bumper for sale in a couple of weeks .

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
    Motegi MR12 rims in gold
    Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
    MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
    Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
    P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
      Depending on how bad the crack is you may be able to repair it ,and replace the grill . This would be the cheapest way to go . I may have a 2001 LX front bumper for sale in a couple of weeks .

Two of the center supports are cracked, cracked where the bumper meets the undercarriage, fog light wire support cracked, two vertical cracks on the front of the bumper. I have it as taped as I can get it, but the only safe options is to have it replace.

Not sure what I hit, but going 80 mph and at night, it sure did a lot of damage.

Comment

noo my poor dog bambie... jk... try a junkyard they might have a bumber for cheap.

Comment

Working...
        X