Details on this mazda 626 MPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Details on this mazda 626 MPS...

It looks like a bigger EVO, but i cant read german anyone got any more information on this car?

Well i got this out of it: 2.5 Liter Bi-Turbo..

Concept Cars, Prototype Vehicles, Classic Automobiles, Vintage Vehicles, Muscle Cars, Race Cars, New Automotive Technology

Well it is AWD, and it is only a concept ubfortunately. It has a Turbo Charged 2.5 Kl-ZE mtor in it which makes 280hp - 289tq....hoopefully we see this one day in the showroom it might be old news to you all.

Comment

Man, how many times this has been mulled over. Its a Japanese Mazda Capella in europe it was 626, and this particular 626 was totally different in the states. It was made by Mazda's inhouse department, MPS - Mazda Peformance Series. Mazdaspeed had nothing to do with it. Mazda used it to see what kind of reaction this car could get, and whether it was worth building it. MPS also had a version of Mazda 6 with relatively same numbers for hp and torque. Unfortunately, niether model made into production. This 626 was shown 4 years ago, and 6 was shown 2 years ago, so far, nothing. Mazdaspeed has their version of the 6, but its mostly exterior and minor engine tuning. Pretty much for Japan only.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Ther is no word of mazdaspeed anywhere in that post, or on any of those websites.....cranky eh IT looks like u wanted me too throw the word mazdaspeed on there so bad that u thought i said it.....oh well enjoy the beauty. Ive never seen the car before so its all new to me...simmma down na

Comment

Ive never seen it...until today ...cant be that old to me atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
            Ther is no word of mazdaspeed anywhere in that post, or on any of those websites.....cranky eh IT looks like u wanted me too throw the word mazdaspeed on there so bad that u thought i said it.....oh well enjoy the beauty. Ive never seen the car before so its all new to me...simmma down na
            I did not mean to get you down or anything. I have seen posts about MPS cars all over Mazda forums, and everytime people want to know who made it, when its going to be sold and what not. I know there was no Mazdaspeed any where in there. I was just explaining the difference between MPS and Mazdaspeed. Most people have a general conception that Mazda and Mazdaspeed work in the same way as Toyota and TRD, or Nissan and Nismo. But Mazdaspeed makes their cars on their own, in their own facility, even though its right next door to Mazda headquarters in Hiroshima. MPS however, is a Mazda in-house unit.
            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
            X