tail light turn signal,2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tail light turn signal,2003

i dont know if this has already been asked but, id like to change out the back turn signal(bulb) from its amber color to a hyper white. only problem is that when i went to autozone and bought the bulb it indicated, the bulb was diferent. the prongs on the originals are a little off set from each other. so it wont fit. where can i buy the bulb if they say it doesnt exist, yet?
    2003 protege dx; black mica
    titanium tip thermal exhaust
    k&n typhoon complete CAI
    custom engine dress up
    custom interior dress up
    5" autometer tach-silver face
    20% solar tint all around
    obx stainless steel headers
    stainless steel strut bar
    Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
    17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

I have experienced the same issue with my 1999 Mazda Protege. You will have to go directly to the dealer to get this bulb. I have checked every auto store and all give you the same number but none fit. I didn't ask the dealership for a white but you can check with them.

Here is the Mazda Dealership part number for the amber:
    997013210Y

Hope this helps.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazda99protege

Comment

Hey take a look at 'head lights and tail lights' in this same forum, weve been talking about that for the past week or so. hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey
        Hey take a look at 'head lights and tail lights' in this same forum, weve been talking about that for the past week or so. hope this helps.
        Exactly. I was going to say do a search, because it has been discussed multiple times.

Comment

I am a Mazda parts technician and the stop/tail bulb industry number is a 7443. It is available in several colors from APC. The turn bulb is a 7440. I beleive you can get these in a couple of colors from APC as well.
          2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Comment

thanx for the advice!
            2003 protege dx; black mica
            titanium tip thermal exhaust
            k&n typhoon complete CAI
            custom engine dress up
            custom interior dress up
            5" autometer tach-silver face
            20% solar tint all around
            obx stainless steel headers
            stainless steel strut bar
            Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter