Conecting 4 Wire TPS with 3 Wire TPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conecting 4 Wire TPS with 3 Wire TPS

I just make a BPT swap for my 323. The BPT engine has a 4 wire tps but the old engine has a 3 wire tps. The car is a 5 speed manual. I make the combination to convert 3 wire to 4 wire. The funny thing is when I connect the TPS and I accelerate, the car bogs and stall. I notice the first 2 pins of the 3 wire tps at WOT has full continuity. Same situation when I check the 2 pin with the 3 pin of the 3 wire tps but with the throttle close. With the four wire tps, the 1 a 2 pin have continuity also at WOT, but with resistance. Same situation with the 2 pin and the 4 pin of the 4 wire tps with the throttle close. I try to adjust the 4 wire tps but with no success. I know the resistance is the problem.

I will appreciate if you guys can help me with this.

Thanks

Depends on the ECU you're using, if you're using the N/A ECU use the 3-wire sensor, if the GTX ecu then use the 4. The 4-wire is the same as the auto ECU and it has a 0-100% sweep (resistance). The 3-wire has OFF/ON, thats it.
    -Braden
    '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Working...
    X