gas tank leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas tank leak

so here's my problem. if i put more than 3/4 of a tank of gas in it leaks. so a few weeks ago i got tired of only being able to put in 10 bucks every other day pretty much and decided i wanted to see where the leak was so i could try and fix it and be able to fill it up when i needed. i crawled under and it looked like the tank was 2 pieces, upper and lower. it looked like where the two pieces came together it was leaking there, maybe a bad seal. so my question is... which option would be the most cost effective/practical? option a) have tank sent out to be re-sealed, option b) take a chance and go with a tank from a junkyard, not being sure if it's gonna be a good tank or have another leak potentially, or option c) going with a new aftermarket tank? any help is greatly appreciated.
    '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
    18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

Most any decent garage should be able to get you a remanufactured one for a reasonable price.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I would try to re-seal it myself... You'll be out of like 10 bucks if it does work, and even if not you'd have to buy another one any ways.

Comment

Working...
      X