Engine Dress Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Dress Up

I was wondering if anyone has come across ne engine dress up kits. and what i mean by that is different color wires. Im not a mechanic so i dont what ne of the wires would be called. but i mean all the black wires ( nothing against black lol) are kinda boring.

thanks guys

im no expert, but i was looking to do something like that and the easiest thing i came up with was different color wire loom. i did it and get lots of compliments. just an idea though.
    2003 protege dx; black mica
    titanium tip thermal exhaust
    k&n typhoon complete CAI
    custom engine dress up
    custom interior dress up
    5" autometer tach-silver face
    20% solar tint all around
    obx stainless steel headers
    stainless steel strut bar
    Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
    17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment

Yea wire loom is the thing i got too and a powder- coated valve cover. Other than the oil cap and stuff that's about it and of coarse i got it off of E-bay!
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

you can also get colored hoses as well. not sure where exaclty i saw them, but i know a couple of places have them. maybe even your local auto parts shop.
        2002.5 protege dx

Comment

Originally posted by sam1
          you can also get colored hoses as well. not sure where exaclty i saw them, but i know a couple of places have them. maybe even your local auto parts shop.
          Yea I've seen them at Auto Zone and Advance Auto......

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

yeh colored hoses was what i was wanting to do but i just dont know the sizes of each hose. Neone know of a place to get the hose sizes///// what about the 'haynes' protege book thing

Comment

that would work or go to your mazda dealer and ask someone would know!

Comment

I would get the wire loom
                however, not from autozone or pepboy
                just because under heat, the color changes in the engine
                i know because i have that and i have some which i ordered from
                a magazine. it is a LITTLE more expensive, but, the color is the SAME
                now for 2 yrs.
                I'll look for the magazine, and get back to you
                but it was a shop in california

but, the engine loom wire is the best way to go!

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Yea i bought some of my wire loom at a Nopi show and then the rest from E-bay......My friend had the same problem of his changing color as well and it was from auto Zone! I'd pay a little more man to have it stay the same color and not have to keep replacing it! Good Luck!! Oh and make sure you get enough!!

Comment

there's a certain brand that im gonna use when i redo mine this weekend, b/c mine changed color too. i believe the name is TAYLOR if im correct. i heard that i can get it at a local electrical dealer. i hope so
                    2003 protege dx; black mica
                    titanium tip thermal exhaust
                    k&n typhoon complete CAI
                    custom engine dress up
                    custom interior dress up
                    5" autometer tach-silver face
                    20% solar tint all around
                    obx stainless steel headers
                    stainless steel strut bar
                    Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
                    17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment

heres some colored hoses
                      HoseTechniques - T-Bolt Clamps NX500 Hose PY350 Hose Diesel Power Hose Silicone Vacuum & Heater Hose Oil Hose BLOW-OUT & CLEARANCE HoseTech Racing Industrial Hose Your Logo Custom Spec OEM Hoses hosetechniques : - NX500 Hose PY350 Hose (Special order ONLY) Diesel Power Hose Silicone Vacuum Hose BLOW-OUT & CLEARANCE HoseTech Racing Industrial Hose (Emission Use) Your Logo Custom Spec OEM Hoses Oil Hose-Fluorosilicone Rubber JDM Products T-Bolt Clamps NX500 Hose PY350 Hose Diesel Power Hose Silicone Vacuum & Heater Hose Oil Hose BLOW-OUT & CLEARANCE HoseTech Racing Industrial Hose Your Logo Custom Spec OEM Hoses hosetechniques
                      2002.5 protege dx

Comment

hey qnasty- there is a place in new albany across the bridge where i got mine. K&L customs, they have different colors and sizes that will fit perfectly. i got silver, and they charge by the foot so no need to buy hose tech kits where you only use a couple. that way you get how much you want. they have loom and other stuff too. does cool cars or pro tint on preston highway not have any?
                        brian

Comment

Working...
                        X