O2 sensor, AWR header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 sensor, AWR header

Ok first of all I just want to thank gcs118 again and acidbbg1 for all their help and info on headers, O2 sensors etc. Now here is my issue, I thought you know why dont I just replace the O2 sensor with a new one since I had the header installed and I gonna throw the CEL fix on it, so guess what, I tool on down to Murrays auto and holy S*#$!!!! they want $438 for a new O2 sensor. Is this right??? How can they want almost as much as I paid for a freakin header? Anyway I bought an O2 socket so I can pull mine out and do the cel fix, and 2.39 later Im much happier, I'll post later if I have any issues with the fix peace

I believe once you wire in the O2 simulator you'll never need to replace the second O2 sensor again, because it's not like it's doing anything anyway...assuming the wires don't burn out. Also, just wondering what an O2 socket is? I just used a 23mm open ended wrench to remove mine.

Comment

Its a socket that is split up the side so that O2 sensor wires dont get in your way. However it tightens up as you turn so you have to be careful you dont break any connectors, oh well another tool to put in my box, maybe it will come in handy someday, anyway Im gonna try doing it right in the car tonight, Im sure my shop put the O2 sensor in with an impact gun cause I cant budge it, well we'll see what happens, hey question for ya, Ive noticed my gas mileage has gone way up since I put the header on, I mean I went almost 300 miles between fillups, and this is city driving!! And Im not exactly driving like Mr. nice guy (you got a header and its damn fun to run to red line!!) Anyway just want your thoughts peace

Comment

If you race the car (even auto-x counts) you can get OEM parts from MazdaMotorsports for about 1/3 to 2/3 off MSRP through them. You have to register and send them results from at least 2 sanctioned events. They won't do interior or body parts for auto-x but any drivetrain/engine/suspension goes. The discount depends on the part I've learned. EX: stock sway-bar end-links: dealer $36.00, MMSports $15.00; front brake pads: dealer $106.00, MMsports $36.00 etc.
        2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
        I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

With most intake/exhaust mods, like the header, you will notice a bump in gas mileage. I imagine it's simply because more air is flowing and the engine is more efficiently working. I honestly don't think a shop would impact a sensor on...they probably just had it on a lift and had plenty of leverage to tighten it, as opposed to where you and I just get to lay on our backs.

Comment

Working...
          X