why is it doing this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is it doing this.

the car is a 96 kia sephia with a mazda ecu and mazda bp 1.8 engine and 77k miles.

the engine runs like crap all of the sudden. it goes way lean. the air/fuel ratio monitor says its off the chart in to the lean zone whenever this problem happens (which is often)
    if i am accelerating and the problem happens, the car slows down because the engine isnt working anymore. the obd2 error code that came up is p0170 which means "fuel trim error bank 1"

i have already tested the maf, the iat, the tps and the ics and they all are fine.
    i have good fuel pressure.
    and the real kicker is that it doesnt do this all of the time. only 90% of the time.
    every once in a while it will run normal for 30 seconds.
    anyone got ideas?
    find it, **** it, forget it

I believe the solution for P0170 is intake manifold gasket
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

check your pm's ...

fuel trim malfunction.

Bruce
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

alright. thanks to bruce's help i think its the fuel pump. i base this on the fact that i tested and or replaced most of the other things in the car. the maf, the tps, the o2 and even the fpr.

so i went and bought a rx7 fuel pump and i havent installed it yet though.
        does anyone know the flow rate of a pump for a 1990 13b non turbo body code "fc" fuel pump?

the pump model number is "jecs a42-62"

Comment

yes, it was the fuel pump.

my car now lives again! and damn is the rx7 pump loud. sounds like a dremel.

Comment

sweet, if you need any more just let me know or catch me on AIM ...

I have that RX pump but the walborro. I can't even hear it lol.
            Bruce
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well i need some more help, but not for engine problems. more of upgrades. i got some alternative protege injectors and a fpr out of a junkyard and i am wondering if they would be an upgrade or not.

the injector is a "imp-480" i think its nippon denso, but i am not sure. i know they flow 220cc's at 43psig. would this be an upgrade compared to stock 1.8 protege injectors?

i also got a fpr out of an older 2.2L protege. again, wonder if this can be an upgrade or not.

Comment

That wasn't a 2.2l protege you got it out of.
                Probably a 626??
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                X