Strange things afoot with the MSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange things afoot with the MSP

I could use some input from the turbo guru's. I just replaced the stock hard plastic vaccuum lines with silicon lines. the lines in question run from the WG to the intake mani with a T for the bypass valve. the car still idles @ 24 vaccuum but I am recording boost spikes to 9 that settle to 7.5. my boost gauge is on a seperate line that feeds into the TB. before replacing the lines boost would spike to 7.5 and settle to 6psi. the car definatly pulls harder too. I did not have and leaks prior to replacement and have no leaks now either. I do not have a boost controller installed either. any ideas guys?

The MSP boost is pretty ghetto. Replacing the lines may have helped raise it back up to a more normal rate. 9psi is fine.
    -Braden
    '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Originally posted by turboge
      The MSP boost is pretty ghetto. Replacing the lines may have helped raise it back up to a more normal rate. 9psi is fine.
      9 psi is not my concern. I plan on setting it there when I get an MBC. I just found it odd that line replacement would make this sort of change. and yes the turbo system that was slapped onto the MSP is VERY ghetto. the only worthwile part of the whole setup is the GT-25 turbo.

Comment

You know its ghetto when its a 2.0T making 170hp. Then the MS mx-5 1.8t makes 170 too. hmmm??!!! interesting huh?
        sigpic

Comment

or that the nissan sr20det makes 200hp, or the wrx sti makes almost 300hp
          i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
            or that the nissan sr20det makes 200hp, or the wrx sti makes almost 300hp
            But the STi uses a 2.5L engine to do it.
            --JJB--
            '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
            Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
            16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
            15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
            Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

1st, the 1.8 GTX = 185hp and the 1.8 GTR = 210hp.......... but anyway, they are old school Mazda's so
              1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
              MODS:
              GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
              TO DO LIST:
              EDM/JDM rear bumper
              EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
              Repaint car

Comment

Working...
              X