APEXi Power Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APEXi Power Intake

You think it would be possible to get an APEXi Power Intake replacement filter and hook it up to a Ractive intake? Cause i am looking into replacing the filter it comes with eventually. But from what I've seen of the Power Intake is that it has a special pipe it attaches to if you buy the whole kit, and probably wouldn't be able to be held on with a metal clamp. What do you all think?
    <a href="http://www.cardomain.com/id/borisoft">My Cardomain Page</a>
    Brilliant Black 1998 Mazda Protege ES 1.8L DOHC 5 speed
    15" ASA JS1 Wheels with Yokohama Avid T4 Tires
    TWM Short Shifter
    Ractive Intake

I am sure that its possible. You cound just put a hose clamp on it, if possible. But if this is not a universal fit, you can perhaps get an adapter on ebay, that will allow you to do this.
    I think it looks like this:

But if this is not what you are talking about, please clear it up a bit. Thanks.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Nope, that adapter does look like what comes with the full kit. Guess the only trouble is getting the right size to fit the pipe and the filter. What brand filter would you recommend?
      <a href="http://www.cardomain.com/id/borisoft">My Cardomain Page</a>
      Brilliant Black 1998 Mazda Protege ES 1.8L DOHC 5 speed
      15" ASA JS1 Wheels with Yokohama Avid T4 Tires
      TWM Short Shifter
      Ractive Intake

Comment

I have a $20 cheap-o-filter now. It big in size, and sounds nice, but I will either replace it with K&N, or wash it K&N stuff (I forgot what that recharge kit called, but I have one). But I do not think you should spend more then $50 on a filter. Because Apexi for example, advertise that their filter will lessen the turbulence of the air, but unless your engine's intake is port and polished, there will be turbulence anyway. I guess what I am saying, is no matter how fast and smooth the air flows through your pipes, there still will be some sort of restriction right before air enters the combustion process.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
        X