Nopi Wires Vs. CorkSport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nopi Wires Vs. CorkSport?

Does anyone know if the spark plug wires at the online nopi store for the 1.6L protege are the same as the wires offered from corksport? I also have a crane HI-6DI ignition box that is supposedly able to work in a distributorless engine. Has anyone ever installed one of these on a 2000 protege 1.6L? and what was the outcome?
    Also I'd just like to say this place is awesome... I just joined a few days ago and before that I had been running around for two years trying to find parts for this car, which we all know is almost impossible. I just wanna find more... and I can't believe there isn't more for my 1.6 I love my car... and I don't wanna have to sell it... but unless it's starts getting fast soon...

A man you can find stuff just gotta SEARCH!!! And I'd go with Corksport!!! Good Luck with whatever you do!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Comment

try checking the Nology Hotwires coil-on conversion for the 2003 protege. When i looked at the install for the 2003 models, the coils looked the same as the ones on the 1.6l. Try more research on those. If they work it would be cool becoz the nology wires come with a mounting bracket. The coils will be mounted on the side of the valve cover and then you'll have the 4 hotwires going to the plug.

Comment

Ooh interesting... I will sheck those out haw haw haw... Thanks. the only reason I ask about the difference in the plug wires is that they're about ten bucks cheaper from nopi... and a deals a deal...

Comment

Hey cheap is always nice!
            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

only way you are getting that car fast is turbo....trust me, i have the 1.6 also and just accepted the fact that it ain't fast..
              2000 DX, Blue
              Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
              2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Yeah I know I have to buy a turbo... the only problem is that I'm a student and it's hard to scrape together $3000. I wonder if there's a port and polish kit that you can use on the throttle body and intake manifold... Does anyone have the corcksport throttle body for the 1.6? If so how's that working for ya?

Comment

Oh yeah and I checked the nology site and I don't think the coil-on conversion will work on the 1.6. not mine anyway... I've got two coil packs, yes... but they in themselves are a set of plug wires... so you'd only be able to use two hot wires... and the other two would be normal... and I dunno... I just don't think it would work... Regardless I've emailed them and I asked if it 'could' work, or if they had any ideas... so we'll see...

Comment

Oh man I've been staring at the computer screen for too long I think... I'm taking back what I just said... I'm gonna go take apart my car and get back to you... but it might work if I can get that post off the bottom of the coil pack...

Comment

i've heard a lot of good stuff from the nology hotwires. if you got a little extra $ then buy those
                      sigpic
                      1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
                      1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
                      2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Regarding the coils....I have checked on mine and the sparkplug boots under the coils do come out. I also have a 99 1.6l protege. Still no word from nology bout the coil on conversion.

Comment

yeah same here... I pulled mine out, '00 1.6L... and they come apart just the same... and I'm also waiting from nopi... I hate waiting... I always find other things to spend my money on...

Comment

what kind of a difference would you see by doing that swap??

Comment

Working...
                            X