gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gauges

My 91 Pro SE has the Speedo on the left and the gas and temp on the right. I was wondering if i could switch it out w/ one with a tach and if it would be a big problem. Has anybody done this, and if you have plcould you please tell me how. thank you

Originally posted by Fox
    My 91 Pro SE has the Speedo on the left and the gas and temp on the right. I was wondering if i could switch it out w/ one with a tach and if it would be a big problem. Has anybody done this, and if you have plcould you please tell me how. thank you
    yes the LX cluster is a direct swap. I have done it in my 323 w/o any problems.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

ok thanks, but 1 question, if I don't already have a tach wouldn't I need a tach cable of some sort and where shall I put it. Forgive my stupidity, but I am learning sh%tloads as i go along and my once wasted brain is now becoming a sponge again

Comment

nope. plug and play.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

the speedo cable is the hardest thing to connect.

on the left side click on Dash Cluster at the top.
          Its a step by step how-to the MazdaRacer wrote. Thank him. His site is a good one to bookmark as well.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

so although i do not have a tach i would still have a tach cable???hmmmmmmm

Comment

There's no tach cable; it's driven off the speedo gear. You're good to go. Only problem is mileage won't be correct on the odometer.
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
              X