headlight bulb replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight bulb replacement.

My right headlight is out, but when I turn on my high beams it comes on. Should I still replace the bulb or is there a faulty wire?
    The right day light works though. hmmm...
    '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Re: headlight bulb replacement.

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
    My right headlight is out, but when I turn on my high beams it comes on. Should I still replace the bulb or is there a faulty wire?
    The right day light works though. hmmm...
    Your headlights have 2 filiments... one of them is burned out! REPLACE IT!!! ($2.50)
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Re: Re: headlight bulb replacement.

Originally posted by Protoss
      Your headlights have 2 filiments... one of them is burned out! REPLACE IT!!! ($2.50)
      i suggest a xenon type replacement...more powerful, makes up for the fact that stock bulbs suck a tad

Comment

word. xenon. how much?
        '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

i paid 55 bux for the super blue xenon style lights

Comment

55 bucks for some frikkin bulbs? I'm a real cheapass lol
            '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

its worth it dude...i can actually see when i drive

Comment

ok, I'm taking your word on this. They better be worth my whole paycheck! j/k.
                haha. but really, they better be good. *shakes fist*
                '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

dont waste your time on faxe "hyper xenons" if you want to go expecuive go hyoe blues. if not the the practical thing ang get the high intensity OEM bulbs. that i what i did and i will not go fake xenon!!!

So his engine he goosed

Comment

werd. now I cant decide. my brain iss fried.
                    hay that rhymed
                    '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
                      werd. now I cant decide. my brain iss fried.
                      hay that rhymed
                      ok if you want to save moeny go to pep boys and get the $4 a pop OEM replacements!!!
                      Last edited by Protoss; 09-15-2003, 01:47 AM.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

bottom line, replace both bulbs, not just one, and 3A racing hyper whites may work, sylvania silverstars are the BEST if you're not actually going to do a headlight upgrade or spend the same amount on an HID conversion... which i have yet to hear anyone doing. something you'll actually notice, just because you're getting a headlight bulb that has that blue frost to it, or supposedly creates more of a daylight appearance, you're still running your headlights at the same wattage, so the effectiveness of the bulbs ability to produce a visible difference is not that great. sylvania silverstars run 45 usually for a pair. oem bulbs cost 7 or 8 bucks a pop depending on where you're buying from.
                        peace

Comment

Re: Re: Re: headlight bulb replacement

I agree with demoninvictus that Siverstar bulbs are the best choice. However, the Osram Silverstars are even better (have more light output) than the Sylvania Silverstars because the Osram's do not have the blue coating of the Sllvania's and therefore are brighter. The Osram's are the European version of the bulb and the Sylvania's are the American version (Osram-Sylvania is the name of the company.

I have the Osram Silverstars and they are the best bulbs I have used to date. Much brighter than stock. They also appear to have more of a rising characteristic pattern to the right thereby illuminating the extreme right side of the road and the shoulder more effectively than American spec bulbs.

You can obtain the Osram's from www.powerbulbs.com

Incidently, I learned about these bulbs from an earlier post on the P-club forum by TheMAN.

02 DX Millenium Red
                          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit
                          Kartboy Shifter Bushings
                          Suvlights Heavy Duty Wiring Harness
                          Osram Silverstar H4 Bulbs
                          Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil (stick now moves like an eel in oil)
                          5Zigen FNO1R-C 16" Wheels
                          Yokohama AVS ES 100 205/45-16's
                          Modified OEM Air Intake
                          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

mine are sylvania hyper blue xenon bulb is what they say on the box...they make a HUGE difference, and when coming head on they just look white, but very bright...its a wonderful feeling to be able to see when u drive

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                              mine are sylvania hyper blue xenon bulb is what they say on the box...they make a HUGE difference, and when coming head on they just look white, but very bright...its a wonderful feeling to be able to see when u drive
                              If your headlights still look like they do in your sig pic, you should be able to get them a lot clearer with a plastic cleaner and some polish.
                              ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X