loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loose

ok i just put new tires on my car 205/40/16 i went a little lower than 45 i know....and now when im driving and need to turn or merge into a lane on the highway my car feels really loose, like it wants to jump out on me. this ever happen to anyone?

how fast were you going?

Comment

well it does it at pretty much any speed. just taking corners isnt so bad, its mainly when i act like im doing a slalom, back and forth like that. i have a 03 es and my new tires are falken ziex 512's
      Last edited by mazdakindaguy03; 04-15-2004, 02:56 PM.

Comment

maybe it's not that the car wan'ts to jump out on you (however you meant that), but that your not used to the stickyness of the tires.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I have heard that lower profile tires also tend to "tramline" more than normal ones, i.e. they follow the grooves in the highway a lot more... not sure if it is true.
          --JJB--
          '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
          Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
          16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
          15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
          Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

well i know that its not the tires following the lines on the highway becouse i feel that on my bike all the time and im used to it, i also doubt that its becouse im not used to sticky rubber, i used yoko parada's on my probe all the time...i dont know what it is...you think maybe i got bad tires?

Comment

It may not be the tires, but it's hard to tell without driving it. You do a visual check of all the suspension components? Nothing broken?

Comment

Have you ever had low pro tires?
                1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

i inspected the suspension and nothing wrong at all, its not doing it as much now that i have put a few miles on them. yes i have had low profile tire before, my probe ran a 35 series and never had this kinda prob. i dunno i think its getting beter now...

Comment

I had zeix on my car, I never had a sensation like what you are describing. Though my car does tend to grab onto a side of the road everynow and then.
                    Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
                      I had zeix on my car, I never had a sensation like what you are describing. Though my car does tend to grab onto a side of the road everynow and then.
                      do you think it would get better if i owered the car say 2 inches?

Comment

If it's going away, sounds like it was just the sticker tires, but you can never go wrong lowering.

Comment

Lowering the car won't make the problem go away.

I think it is just the tires following the grooves in the road. It used to always happen to me, I actually got used to it.

Also you didn't mention what type of tires you have.
                          I think you probably just pushed the tire a little to much in the corner and didn't realize the warning that the tire was giving you that it could break away.
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                            Lowering the car won't make the problem go away.

I think it is just the tires following the grooves in the road. It used to always happen to me, I actually got used to it.

Also you didn't mention what type of tires you have.
                            I think you probably just pushed the tire a little to much in the corner and didn't realize the warning that the tire was giving you that it could break away.

i know that it is not the tires following the road becouse it does it on perfect brand new roads with no lines, and i did metion that i had falken ziex 512's and they are not breaking away becouse it feels loose when i barley swearve around and if tires gave that easy they wouldnt be on my car...

Comment

Working...
                            X