steering wheel logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel logo

I dented the logo in the middle of the steering wheel and was wondering if there was any way to pop that off and smooth it out, or is there any way to order a replacement part? Thanks a lot.
    02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

how do u dent the middle of a steering wheel
    i is dumb

Comment

hmmmm you got any pics of what your talking bout???? do you have the metal one??
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

wow, howd ya do that?
        take a pic.

-----------------
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

punching the wheel again???
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yea, the metal logo............sorry, no digi cam for pics
            02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

Yep. Mine's been dented since two weeks after I got the car. It's like really thin aluminum encased in clear plastic, and you can dent it just by honking the horn, and not even pushing hard. I'll go take a picture of mine later, so you can see if yours is the same thing. I think the logo is part of the airbag cover, so I don't think there's much chance of popping it off and straightening it.
              ~Mark.
              2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Yeah... doesn't it have fake rivet like things?? I think you have to change the cover... not sure as I don't have one myself.
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I got curious and took a closer look. It looks like that emblem is just a little piece of embossed foil glued onto the cover, which makes sense. (If the airbag goes off you don't want a big chunk of aluminum smacking you in the face.)
                  Usually things like that are no more than .015" thick, so if you try to pry it off, you'll just bend it worse. The one thing that you could maybe do is make something to cover it up. Maybe a little piece of vacuum-formed plastic or something?
                  Attached Files
                  ~Mark.
                  2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

If you wanted to replace the whole cover you would end up actually buying a new airbag because the cover is part of the airbag.
                    Eric Johnson
                    Intense Performance
                    Mazda Club of South Florida
                    http://www.ipmcsfl.com
                    Former President/Webmaster
                    Member since 11/03

2002.5 Dark Titanium/Black Mica Protege5
                    - Exterior: Custom Dark Titanium/Black Mica paint scheme, 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege front bumper cover, Skunk2 coilovers, 5% tint all around, black painted headlight housings, black billet aluminum shorty antenna, Yakima roof rack
                    - Interior: Xenarc 700TSV 7" LCD display with touchscreen, black painted A/B/C pillars and gauge bezel, Mazdaspeed door sills, and Delphi SkyPhi XM Radio
                    - Performance: Brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors, Red Samco silicon cooling hoses, Black Injen CAI, Greddy Evo2 Cat-back exhaust system, Progess 22mm rear sway bar, Racing Beat front sway bar, OBX Racing 4-1 header, Medieval front motor mount
                    - Car Computer specs: Removed for now...
                    Current project: None...

Comment

You press in hte lower center part that goes towards the bottom of the wheel, that way you dont dent in hte logo its almost like a big button
                      2003 Mazda Protege LX
                      Laser Blue
                      www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
                      Old Car
                      1998 Kia Sephia LS
                      Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

Is that how to get the thing off?

Comment

Working...
                        X