Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants coilovers?

Hey guys
    ive been busy setting up shop and have become a vendor for TomMotorsport.com
    anyways, I can get coilovers for the second gen.
    Price will be about $180CDN/shipped (about $135USD)
    here is the link:

they are the same coils used on the 3rd gen (which, months ago, Bruce said would probably work...way to go bruce! )
    Anyways, all Q's, please PM me at events@toprotege.com
    I can get other stuff too (and for any car), but, normally dont like to ship US (email me with specifics)
    check out www.rocketz.net for some body kits...$725 CDN shipped to your door (sorry, no 1/2 gen parts...only 3gen EXE lip and grill)...but do tell all your friends!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

AH! you couldn't have posted that earlier this month! lol, just bought the H&R spring kit. . . oh well, I'm still excited

Comment

/sometime in the future.
      Just think, if my car hadn't gotten towed last week. I'd have that money right now.
      Can anybody attest to the quality of these??
      What type of springs do they use??
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

The spring is just a generic Japnese make...
        These coils are pretty good! My buddy has them on his sunfire (slammed 4"), another on his 00 Si and a buddy came by tomight and bought a set for his Paseo!
        i wont lie though, these spring rates are not the greatest and are genrally meant for looks more than performance (if you want perfromacnce, go with GC! )

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

What are the spring rates?
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Im not sure...like i said, they arent race springs or anything...theyll prolly be around the same type of rates offered by Arospeed, Ractive, APC, etc...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

do you think the spring rate would be better than my B+G Extreme's?
              98 Protege SE
              -------------------
              1.5L Turbo

Comment

Nope, these spring rates will suck.
                These are a cheap coil system like I said^^^ but, for looks, they will be mint!
                Like I said to bruce, would i want to ride around on these? No way! Would I want my cara slammed on them for looks? ****in eh!!!
                I mean, my buddy has them on his sunfire and the ride is a bit bouncy, but, hes also at like 4" drop...
                This is not a set for those that want to autocross, but, will be perfect for those that are going for looks!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Dawg, do you think i'm autocrossin??? haha.. I dunno if they'd let me without door handles.. i mean at that price, i can get them later on.. after the 18"s
                  98 Protege SE
                  -------------------
                  1.5L Turbo

Comment

hey has anyone hear of using skunk2 coilovers wtih an adaptor ring on them to fit the pros??? I had never heard of it either until I found this sitehttp://www.overboost.com/obs/browse_...niv=&year=1995 Unless I"m reading it wrong why else would you put them in pro catergoary?????? Let me know what ayll think about the idea????

Also yall where talking about them cheap coilovers that you are selling...how do they hold up for daily driving.. I mean really thats all i'm looking for is just looks...but I also want a nice drive conditions too.... Plus I"m not looking to all the way down to the ground either.. I just want to drop enought to not make the car so odd lookin!!!! look @ gap in sig!!!! Very Big!!!! Gots to get rid of it!!!! Help!!!! Also yes I'm getting bigger rims but still need help!!!
                    Last edited by RacerX; 04-19-2004, 12:41 AM.
                    DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

These are 'ok' for daily driving...like i said, this aint no JIC coilover system or anything.
                      All im saying, is that your not going to maintain factory ride quality....

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

u think u can get me a pair for my celica and how much would it cost?

Comment

those look like $80 areospeed co's that are on ebay all the time. who makes ur coilovers?
                          find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Yes, i can get celica ones...what year?
                            These are TomMotorsport Japan brand, btw...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

could i still use my stock struts with these coilovers or with the popular KYB GR2? my main concern is thread wear. i just bought 17 inch rims and certainly dont wannt to wear the tires out unevenly. how do i go about lowering it and making sure the tires dont wear out unevenly?

how much does those KYB GR2 cost?
                              Last edited by beetle_orange; 05-25-2004, 02:50 AM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                              Mods:
                              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Working...
                              X