install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install

i am just wanting some opinians on whether or not i should put my springs on myself. i am a very car literate person, i know how to do all of this stuff and have enough time off coming up. basically what im asking is if you could would you?

I lowered my car myself. Its not difficult a spring compressor is a must!
    Sagaris

Comment

motegi you lowered your car yourself? wow i would have loved to have seen that, the closest my girl gets to the car is when she drives it other than that i do everything.
      2003 protege dx; black mica
      titanium tip thermal exhaust
      k&n typhoon complete CAI
      custom engine dress up
      custom interior dress up
      5" autometer tach-silver face
      20% solar tint all around
      obx stainless steel headers
      stainless steel strut bar
      Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
      17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment

yeah... Its my car and the ex would touch it and break it and rig it back together. I lowered my friends mustang too. A little less complicated then the imports but the imports easy.
        Sagaris

Comment

use a spring compressor, jack stands and common sense and you'll be fine...find the torque specs for the bolts and go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solo Proto
            use a spring compressor, jack stands and common sense and you'll be fine...find the torque specs for the bolts and go for it.
            thats what i figured everyone would say...now i just have to wait for them to get here!

Comment

if I am not mistaken your struts should have a white dot on the top, where they bolt into the engine compartment. Make sure the strut is reinstalled so the dot is in the same spot. It has something to do with your alignment....or something like that. I forget exactly what.
              Sagaris

Comment

Working...
              X