Injector and or Valve knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector and or Valve knock

Does any else other then me experiences/ed injectors and or valve knocking, and knows how to fix it? The knock is very minimal, and you can't even hear when driving, only when standing next to a car when its idling. Thanks.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

On the 1.5 you are supposed to take the car in to the dealer to have the valves adjusted at a certain mileage. look in your manual it will tell you at what mileage
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Thx, Bruce. Would you happen how much this ordeal would cost me these days? I would much rather do it myself, because that dealers are asshole, and will rip you an even bigger one. But if this is the only way then, be it.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

to dealers adn assholes

Comment

you know for some reason pros are know to knock, my brothers 93 does, mine does, and my sisters does. slight, but its there.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
            you know for some reason pros are know to knock, my brothers 93 does, mine does, and my sisters does. slight, but its there.
            chances are that the knocking on ur brothers 93 is HLA noise...common to all early pros

Comment

mine doesnt knock... werd your cars suck... mine is l337!

Comment

I honestly don't know how much it would cost to adjust the lifters(if that is what it is called, I forgot).. I would call the dealer and ask them . I know that on the 1.5 it is supposed to be done. at a certain interval...

my 1.8 doesn't make any noises or claking. it idles pretty silent..
                the 1.5 had a bit of a tapping, but it wasn't loudloud, but you could hear it while accelerating ,, especially hard..

-----------------------------

Johns engine taps loud
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                X