Black stripping on Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black stripping on Doors

Im riding a 96 DX and my question is about the black strips on the door panels, both front and rear- both sides. It looks as though there is 3M tape holding it on. I would like to take these black strips off but I do not want to hurt the clear coat or finish. Can a hairdryer work in place of a heat gun? any tips on taking that tape off? I was thinking goo gone.

thanks

-steve

yeah, i used a hair dryer to remove mine, but ive got an 02.5. i used the hairdryer to warm it up and soften it, then i just spayed some adhesive remover on top and let it soak. then just peel it off and use more adhesive remover to get the rest of the glue off. i know goo gone doesnt work very well tho. i used some off brand cheap stuff and it took forever. go find some 3M adhesive remover. thats the strongest that is still paint safe. if you cant find that, like me, then get the best stuff they have. make sure to read the can. of the 6 or 7 i looked at only 2 were ok for car paint. oh and btw, i used a credit card to scrape off the glue and it worked great and wont scratch your paint. but it kills the card.
    2002.5 protege dx

Comment

Awesome, Thanks for the tip Ill be taking those off tomorrow along with these ugly pinstripes and splash type decal. man those decals are hideous- a buddy at work said it looks like someone hit me , so I went out running

Comment

Working...
      X