clutch noise and belt noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch noise and belt noise

I had a centerforce clutch put in my car a little while back, and I've broken it in and been 'sweet' to it, but it's messed up! Every time I need to turn left it sometimes feels like my car is gonna shake itself to pieces... It happens going right as well but more left... that or I just make more left turns than right... it's almost like it's grinding or chirping...
    So there's that and then everytime I start my car it sounds like a belt is slipping or rubbing... I've had the belts both tightened and replaced and it keeps coming back... what's that? Oh yeah those clutches are great fun with a short shifter...

Did you replace or resurface your factory flywheel? They are known to get hot spots and to produce clutch chatter, you may be experiencing that somewhat.

Comment

no they neglected to machine the flywheel and I gave them hell for it but, it's like pulling teeth to get a mechanic to admitt he's wrong and to fix his mistake. So basically all I can do is pull it apart again and look at the flywheel and probably machine it? Dagnabbit!! Thanks though

Comment

Working...
      X