Civic Si-R and Cavalier Z24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civic Si-R and Cavalier Z24

I was just on my way home last night around 11, and I'm one block away from my house, and there's a Civic at the light just ahead of me. I have to make a right into the parking lot where I park, so I just get into the right lane beside the Civic. I guess he thought I was lining him up. so he revs it. I look over and see it's VTEC on the side of this coupe and think, "great, I've never raced an Si-R, this should be interesting." I rev it too, and at that point the girl in the passenger seat looks suprised and turns to the guy and says something which I didn't hear since our windows were closed. The lights turn amber for the other direction and he starts to creep forward. Weak. I let him do that, while holding my rpm at 4500, and he's about a half-car length ahead of me now, even though the light's still red. It turns green and I drop the hammer, feathering the clutch on the edge of wheel-spin, right to 6000rpm, then hammer into second at 7400rpm. At this point, I'm already ahead of him. I'm positive he bogged it because of his silly rolling start, but being Hamilton, it's a one way street all the way up Cannon st, and we get to another light just before it turns green. Same thing again, I smoke em. Another red light, I smoke em again. It's actually not even close, so obviously this guys a horrible driver. Another light and there's a Z24 sitting at this one. She didn't even know what was going on when these two cars fly up beside her and come to a stop, but the light turns green and we go at it again, and I smoke him again. But at the next light, the Z24 pulls up beside me before the Civic, and we got 3 cars lined up. This time, they both "red-light it(go before the light is actually green)" so they both have over a car length on me. The Civic got dusted again, but it took me til just after the 1-2 shift to pass the Cavalier. By 3rd gear, she was toast too. A couple more lights, a couple more races, and the Z24 beat the Civic both times, but weren't even close to me. They turned off the next street, and I drove home with a big smile on my face. The first kills of the year...........

when i had a Z, Si's would woop on me in the quarter all the time. good kills!
    i hate being broke!

Comment

nice kills

Comment

were u really serious about saying Si-R, because you must live in japan, because there were no Si-R's here, and if the guy really had one imported, I highly doubt that he would be that bad of a driver....lol...nice kills tho.!
        Eat ****.

Comment

Canada is like "Japan North"
          Any you would be thinknig of the Civic Type-R not SiR.
          The civic Si in Canada only hasd like 127 HP or something. The SiR has 160 or whatever the **** it is.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

So your canadian SiR is equivalent to our SI?? That dude must have been a ****ty ass driver seriously if the protege beat him. Ive raced a few of the si's here and they smoke me pretty good.
            Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
              So your canadian SiR is equivalent to our SI?? That dude must have been a ****ty ass driver seriously if the protege beat him. Ive raced a few of the si's here and they smoke me pretty good.
              I'm running 15.9 right now, and stock Si(R)s run 15.7, so my awesome driving, and his bad driving makes for some whup-ass.

Comment

ohh....that works!
                Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                  dyno graphs of BP vs B16...
                  Attached Files
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Ya, but this rookie was shifting at 4000rpm. Obviously if he was a good driver he'd beat me. But it's still nice putting a guy in his place who's SUPPOSED to have a fast car.

Mine isn't your average BP dyno graph either.....

Comment

Jesse, was the BP engine the 136 ft lbs?? That had to been a pretty modified BP. And I thought the new SI's were rated at like 160 hp?? No way they loose that much hp.
                      Eat ****.

Comment

That was the horsepower for the Si(R). My car is gutted and weighs only 2300lbs.

Comment

the american Si still has 160hp at the flywheel. they're killer top end. the brand new ones are quick as well.
                          i hate being broke!

Comment

that above dyno somewhat explains to me why that civic with the b16 swap pulled on my at the top end by 1.5 cars.
                            --well that and the damn tall 3rd gear
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

The new Si aren't that fast. They're WAY too heavy. 1/4 in 15.9-16.0ish.

Comment

Working...
                              X