Question on cat's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on cat's

Ok, are there one or two cats on the exhaust system? Also, is there a consensus as to the best hi-flow cats out there? I've heard a lot about catco. . . thx in advance

There are two cats. One of them is connected to the headers, the other is underneath the car. Look on the picture I scanned. Number 4, is the first cat. Pipe with number 8 has the second one. The two variations of that pipe are for cars in CA, and all other states.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I have the 1.8, is it the same setup?

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
        I have the 1.8, is it the same setup?
        1.8 and 1.5 is not the same set up.

1.5 has a pre cat and a regular cat .. That is what turbo is trying to tell you.
        The 1.8 only has 1 cat with no pre-cat.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Alright, thanks bruce

Comment

Why don't you use one of those Honda cats that bolt up. YOu could bolt up one side but would probably have to cut and weld the other side.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

When I do it, I'm just planning on getting a brand new high flow and doing stainless 2" (MAYBE 2.25") cat-back

Comment

yeah, I would stick with a 2" exhaust pipe. I think it will savour the midrange of the BP. I noticed that on my BP in my protege.

But anyhow, you should get a cat that can bolt up to the downpipe. That will make your life so much easier. I also noticed it is like much easier to have an exhaust in sections, unless you have a really good welder.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yeah, I'm prolly going to just get a universal 2" cat. I'm gonna have professional help with what parts to buy and the welding/bending, etc. Mandrel bent is the way to go right?

Comment

If you can get the mandrel bends done and it is cost effective for your pocket. Then hell yeah. Otherwise I guess crush bent will have to do.

If your going turbo, you would need a bigger exhaust though.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

nah, Leila is gonna stay N/A, being daily driver and all, and there's a lot still to do. My wish list has a lot of n/a goodies on it ie: GTX cams, Adj Cam Gears, eventually forged internals. . . etc etc

Comment

keep the resonator, that BP is frigin Loud.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna try and get a quiet muffler too, I don't want loud. I would like a better tone, but loud is something I can do without. Any suggestions as far as that goes? I've been looking at magnaflow a bit, stainless, can't seem to find any prices though. I might do this at the end of summer (if I have the funds) if not then, then next spring. Now if only I could get that last part from Cork Sport I'd be ready to do the suspension . . .

Comment

whatever muffler is on the dodge srt turbo. that thing sounds freakin badass for a 4cylinder.
                            find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

lol, badass is good, we like badass

Comment

Working...
                              X