Auto transmission upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto transmission upgrades?

Has anyone performed any upgrades to their 2.0 auto tranny? I've got the Autostick feature, and while I like the ability to keep my RPM's up without having to go WOT all the time, the shifts are just so slow! I searched around and found a little info on Level 10 and their stuff, but they don't list the Protege on their site, and their prices are rather high as well. Any ideas? Also, does anyone have the tranny ID code for the 03 2.0's.?

-Dan
    2003 Sunlight Silver ES
    Full Mazda body kit / Eibach ProKit / Racing Beat exhaust / Alpine 7892 HU / Clarion DVD / 2 5.6 headrest LCD's / Infinity 5x7, 6x9, JL 12W0 / Alpine MRV-320 / 150 sq ft B-Quiet Extreme / Remote start/alarm / Dave B's bezels

2004 Buick Rendezvous
    Stock.... for now

1993 Explorer Sport 2wd --Currently under construction--
    4.0 V6, 5 spd / Borla headers / 70mm Pro-M MAF / BBK 66mm thottle body / 255/55-18 on Enkei RT-6's / Eibach springs / Del Sol seats

Check the protege faq. It will have tranny code on it. As far as it being on the 2.0 its the same tranny for all 3rd gens and the 3's

To make the tranny shift faster you would need to tune the trannys cpu ir whatevers controling it, because our cars use electronic trannys.

THe reason for the long shift time is that the tranny spends time in two gears at once in order to make the shifts as smooth as possible.eg in first gear the car will begin to transfer power to second until second gradually takes over. What your looking to do is to have that time reduced.

Comment

The Focus and Protege are supposed to have the same auto trans. Lentech offers perf upgrades for the Focus. I believe Level 10 offers upgrades for out cars too.

Level 10 Lentech
      2002 Yellow P5:Leather seats w/yellow inserts, CAI, UDP, OBX header, Magnaflow cat-back, N/A MPI Tuner.

Comment

Have you considered trading in for a 5-speed? lol
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yeah, I wanted the 5 speed, but my wife drives the car most of the time since I have a company car. I mainly drive it on the weekends and when we go on family trips.
          Thanks for the links, I'll try getting in touch with the companies, but I think its gonna be more than I want to spend. It doesn't seem like either one is messing the electronics, just doing valve body upgrades, clutch bands and stuff.
          Last edited by 03ESPro; 04-27-2004, 10:45 AM.
          2003 Sunlight Silver ES
          Full Mazda body kit / Eibach ProKit / Racing Beat exhaust / Alpine 7892 HU / Clarion DVD / 2 5.6 headrest LCD's / Infinity 5x7, 6x9, JL 12W0 / Alpine MRV-320 / 150 sq ft B-Quiet Extreme / Remote start/alarm / Dave B's bezels

2004 Buick Rendezvous
          Stock.... for now

1993 Explorer Sport 2wd --Currently under construction--
          4.0 V6, 5 spd / Borla headers / 70mm Pro-M MAF / BBK 66mm thottle body / 255/55-18 on Enkei RT-6's / Eibach springs / Del Sol seats

Comment

Working...
          X