Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Clean no-dry

Has anybody used this stuff?

That'd be wikkid stuff for when I go to my mom's for dinner or something.. i can just hose it on and let it dry while I hang out inside (i'm told i'm anti-social if i go over and stay outside washing my car)
    I usually only wax my car only once a month, so for a quick and cheap wash, that seems like it would do the job.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

My dad uses it and likes it......I dunno......gotta be kinda good i mean Mr. Clean makes my floors look great. Muhahahha!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

i will let you know, i just bought one for my dad an will be using it shortly lol. You have to dry it though using the thing, it don't dry it self I don't think iz like an air thing.

I'll cehck i couldve read it wrong on the box
      2003 Mazda Protege LX
      Laser Blue
      www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
      Old Car
      1998 Kia Sephia LS
      Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

here's what a car washed with Mr. Clean AutoDry looks like:

it works great for a quick wash. NO NEED TO HAND DRY! you just rinse it down with the filtered water from the kit and let it air dry

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

NOt too bad..my dad believes in it!!! Mr clean Mr clean!!!
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

I bought it last week and gave it a try.. works decent enough. but the filter can only be used 3 or so times, and they cost about 8 bucks or something... so it can get expensive over time. the soap refill is also like 8 bucks too... kinda pricey but it does its function

http://www.zero-technologies.com

Comment

do you still scrub the car???? or just spray and rinse?
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by xero
                I bought it last week and gave it a try.. works decent enough. but the filter can only be used 3 or so times, and they cost about 8 bucks or something... so it can get expensive over time. the soap refill is also like 8 bucks too... kinda pricey but it does its function
                the starter filter and soap that came with the kit lasts only about 3 washes (less if you wash carefully), the replacement filter and soap should last around 10 washes, so it's really not too bad.

this is a great product for quick wash at home after work, when there's a nice thick layer of pollen on your car

i'm averaging about 1 hour wash time from start to finish, i easily double that when i washed and dried by hand.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                  do you still scrub the car???? or just spray and rinse?
                  you still need to use a wash mitt/sponge to do the actual scrub/wash, the soap does a pretty good job at lifting and removing road grime and all the nasty stuff that sticks to your car.

and of course, after rinsing off the soap, you use the water filter for the final rinse, to get the spot-free air dry effect

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

it works for the money, and time effort. i still scrubbed my girls car, and yeah, it turned out pretty good. i didn't realize that the filter only last for 3 washes though. i guess the company had that in mind, ya know, the comeback on more goods. damn corporate dealers!
                    i hate being broke!

Comment

I used it after I handwashed, I just like the spot-free rinse feature... screw the soap/rinse modes... I just hate to towel-dry my car
                      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

It depends on how hard your water is. Our water is extremely hard so we don't even bother with it.

Also, if you're going to be polishing/waxing, you may want to hand dry anyway.

But, with softer water, I've heard it works great.
                        Current Cars
                        2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                        1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                        1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                        1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

Working...
                        X