mp3/msp spring install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mp3/msp spring install

So i've been told that i should probably pick up some MP3 endlinks for my car when doing the install of the springs...
    i'm assuming this is cuz the endlinks on my '01 will probably be seized?

Anybody know a way around this?

It's like CDN$100 for the endlinks for the rear, but i only spend CDN$120 on the springs.. that's not a cool expense to have to tack on.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

you can get the adjustables from i believe axr, they are 120 for the set and yes you will need them, i broke all 4 trying to get them off. I just put the racing beats on my car 2 weekends ago and the hardest part was trying to get the nuts of the damn endlinks.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

but what if i soaked the bolts/nuts in liquid wrench or WD-40 for a week prior to removing them... that would loosen it up, no?

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

that might help, i soaked mine for an hour or so but it made no difference, if you soak them down a couple hours before attempting to take them off and use an allen wrench in the end of the endlink bolt, you might be able to get them off without breaking them.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I did my springs and the endlinks were a biatch to get off but they came. I did a DX a couple weeks ago and I couldn't get the nuts off the endlinks. You CAN do them without taking the endlinks off just flop the strut out of the wheel well and change the spring with it still attached.

BE CAREFUL not to twist the endlink too much or the coupler that it pivots in will come apart. I broke 3 socket extensions trying to get endlinks apart and just rounded off one of the bolts.

Comment

yeah.. i think i'll buy the endlinks, but end up returning them... just in case..
            i did improper math.. it's CDN$36 x 4 endlinks... so it's like CDN$175 with taxes
            dammit.. that's more than i spent on the springs!! unless if i can return them all, or most

RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Its a safer bet to do that man. It was like 11 Oclock at night and I had the dudes car all apart and he had to drive 3.5 hours home. We didnt have any other endlinks so I had no choice. Just return em if you dont need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbourdon
                I did my springs and the endlinks were a biatch to get off but they came. I did a DX a couple weeks ago and I couldn't get the nuts off the endlinks. You CAN do them without taking the endlinks off just flop the strut out of the wheel well and change the spring with it still attached.

BE CAREFUL not to twist the endlink too much or the coupler that it pivots in will come apart. I broke 3 socket extensions trying to get endlinks apart and just rounded off one of the bolts.
                i can see how you could do this on the rear, you could just take out both struts with the rear swaybar, but as for the front, there a big enough bitch to get out with the enlinks disconnected....just try it lil freak.....im drove the proto with all the endlinks disconnected and it still doesnt ride to bad, you wont be doing any auto x'ing though.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

hahah. well. i'm going to macklum's to get it done.. and that's like a 2 hour drive on a bumpy road

RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

dude im 50 miles from home right now, driving the protege with no sway bars attached, noticeable body roll but nothing worth worrying about. i wouldnt even sweat it, put your springs on see what happens and if you break the endlinks buy them. If you guys dont believe me i would be happy to take some pics with my camera phone.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yeah. as i just found out.. malcolm's a good man and has some endlinks kickin' around.
                      if we break any, i'll just pay him for what i use. or buy him new ones, whichever he wants.
                      but i'll soak them with liquid wrench/wd-40 for a week prior to my driving out to his place

RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

we did the install yesterday... had to cut 3 endlinks (1front, 2 rear) cuz they just WOULDN'T come off.
                        so i drove home without a my rear sway bar - not that big a deal. The front and rear endlinks are still danginling on my car (front is actually welded back together).
                        I gotta buy 2 rears (got a free spare front - yay macklum!) from Mazda on monday, and convince them it's their job to remove their rusted pieces of crap. 2 rear endlinks should be like CDN$80 or something. hopefully for $100 cash, they'll install the new endlinks while they're at it.

RB springs
                        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
                        X