0-60 time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0-60 time?

Hey im new here and have been considering a few cars that i want. i was wondering what the 0-60 time is for a protege 2.0L 5 speed manual is. ive looked but havent found much.also are these cars good modding cars?

try autos.msn.com click on used cars, some cars have performance numbers (0-60 & 1/4 mi), but others don't, it's hit or miss.

Comment

So about 9.7 seconds??

Comment

If that's what it says. . . those are test numbers (as opposed to factory), and the trim/tranny specs are right there w/ the numbers

Comment

9 seconds is about right for a stock p5. road and track i think tested it at 8.7?

ProtegeGarage.com - Over 525 parts shipped WORLDWIDE for your Mazda Protege, Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda6, MX-5 and Mazda RX-8
          email :: Ken@mazda3online.com
          Phone :: (847) 223-6890
          Cell Phone :: (847) 736-1635

We Accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check and Money Order

CLICK HERE FOR BG CHASSIS CARBON FIBER HOODS

Comment

Depends on conditions, driver, tires, altitude, etc etc

Comment

8.7 ----9.0 range according to Consumer Reports, Car & Driver, Road & Track, etc
              2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
              I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize it was that much. . . is it the weight? Ballpark for mine is sub 8 sec.

Comment

2003 Mazda Protege LX
                  Laser Blue
                  www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
                  Old Car
                  1998 Kia Sephia LS
                  Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

I wish I could tell you what i pull, but as of now, I'm too slow on the stick to set any records.

(Stick-shift NOOB)
                    Silver 2001 Protege ES
                    5-speed manual
                    4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
                    Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

mine does it in 3sec flat....i wish=). pretty quick compared to other stock imports in the same price range tho. havent lost to ANY hondas or acuras yet, so it cant be that slow. plus this thing handles so nice. and lately the protege has been getting quite a bit of aftermarket attention, so theres plenty of parts out there.
                      2002.5 protege dx

Comment

lol @ green, we've all been there. It won't take long, I learned in about 36 hours. Don't be afraid to mess up!

edit: yeah all you snobby 3rd gens get the aftermarket attention! Us 2nd gens have to rough it. . . or something like that, lol
                        Last edited by 95ProLeila; 04-21-2004, 03:43 PM.

Comment

yeah but us 3rd genners pay a hefty price for modding and is it really worth it? I mean in any 4 banger, you aren't getting significant increases until you add a turbo. If I would gain a considerable amount of hp, I would look in to a catback, CAI, and a new header. Then you need to upgrade brakes, clutch, etc. because you would be driving it harder and closer to the redline. I thought my ES was slow until I got the Hyundai Accent rental car, then realized how much peppier (if such a word) my little 2.0 ES sedan is.
                          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                          Groundkit

Comment

oh yeah, the protege has a good zip to it for a little 4cyl. you want to see a pos, drive a sunfire. ha. now thats a pos. or maybe a kia rio. those damn things are great. i get such a good kick out of this little one that cruises around here. totally stock except his 15" aluminum wing and a 10" black tribal graphic just above only the right rear wheel well. plus, to make it even better, its metallic pea green. so damn hilarious. im just glad i got a real car.
                            2002.5 protege dx

Comment

I'm actually very happy with my brakes, although I am looking into SS brake lines. Proteges do have very good balance though. I'd have a hard time driving something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X