Got Stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Stop?

i wanna do a rear disc converson to my back brakes. i have drums on my 99. new to the pro game. what could i get rear discs off of? any helps appreciated!
    02 Protege ES, 5spd

Probably a 99 with rear disc.

Comment

I thought the only ones to have them were in Canada..... we need theMAN to clear this up or something. Also try searching
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

It's in the FAQ

http://web2.airmail.net/theman/prote...ds_brakes.html

Comment

Nah, ever since the gen2's (maybe even the gen1's) there's been at least one trim level to have 4 wheel disc

Comment

Did you read the link I just posted?

Comment

yeah yeah, it's not all right tho, brembo makes rotors for the cars too

Comment

All US version 4 lug cars have front discs and rear drums.
                So it looks like only the first and second gens always had rear discs.

Comment

We need to do an amendment to the const.. err.. the FAQ.

Comment

Yeah, the FAQ does have errors in it.....

Comment

did a search and now I'm more confused

what exactly would it take to convert the rear drums on a 3rd gen 1.6L DX/LX to disc?

performance wise it's not the best move but curious to see if it's reasonably possible
                      Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

None of the US-spec 4 lug Protege's from 99-03 have had rear discs. The only ones to have them are the 01+ ES models.

If you want to keep the 4 lugs, you can get the Euro spec rear brakes (and all the parts included). This is in the FAQ.

Personally, I'd go ahead and convert to 5 lug and get the 01+ 2.0 front AND rear brakes from a Euro-spec Protege/323. They use the same brakes as the Mazdaspeed Protege.

(Thanks Edwin for the info)
                        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                          None of the US-spec 4 lug Protege's from 99-03 have had rear discs. The only ones to have them are the 01+ ES models.

If you want to keep the 4 lugs, you can get the Euro spec rear brakes (and all the parts included). This is in the FAQ.

Personally, I'd go ahead and convert to 5 lug and get the 01+ 2.0 front AND rear brakes from a Euro-spec Protege/323. They use the same brakes as the Mazdaspeed Protege.

(Thanks Edwin for the info)
                          basically you mean a brake swap to MSP brakes all around...

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Yeah, that too if you can find an MSP.
                            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                              Yeah, the FAQ does have errors in it.....
                              ed put in there that if you find something not right in there to email him so he can correct it...
                              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                              X