great service from resonant engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great service from resonant engineering

ok, so most of you know i'm planning on putting an 8" sub up in the middle of my dash i e-mailed resonant engineering this morning, and already got a response back. the sub i want is on sale for $33 each not bad for an 8 with 12 mm of excursion:p: they also try to ship everything out the same day, as long as they recieve the order by 1PM. they have a new amplifier coming out, the 36.1, and it will put out 1800 watts into 1 ohm, and can be strapped together for 4K watts they are also going to have RE and XXX series components coming out at the end of the year the MT subs, their SPL sub, is available now, but is rather pricey, since it's completely customed machined at this point. full production starts at the end of this year, and the prices will be similar to the XXX series walight01, you might want to look into one of those, when they come out rider69, you might want to check out the RE series 8's for your custom door idea i've decided to put 2 in my dash, since they don't need hardly any airspace and 2 shipped to my house is under $80:p:

Thanks for the info, I definately will check it out. It is just a toss up right now as far going with one 8" RE or 2 6.5" Kodas in each door. What you think? Obviously the 8s would be cheaper. If I do the 8s, then I will probably go with 2 12's or 15's in the back. If i do the Kodas, then I will just leave my one 12" or go with 2 10's.

Comment

the kodas will be better for the higher freq's, but you've already got the focals, so i don't think you'd need more help from the kodas, but the 8's would cover 80 hz up to where the focals really kick in perfect that, and going for more bass from the trunk is always a good idea, in my book

Comment

imagine if they made xxx's in 8's, with like a 28mm xmax that would be so cool
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

as a note, the RE 8's are on sale till sept 26th. the MT series subs are available, but since they are still custom machined, till mass production starts, the 10" quad coil 1.4 will cost $450. after they are in full production, they will cost $50-$60 less

WOW, that was hard to type drunk i had to hit backspace at least 30 times

Comment

so thats where you were last night

then ...
            '02 classic red p5

Comment

i just got off the phone with RE and found out some interesting stuff.

first of all, they put a 15 xxx in a 4 cu ft boc tuned to 60 hz and it took 40,000watts @ 60 hz to bottom it out he said it sounded like a machinegun going off when it happened.

on another note, the mts are kinda interesting. it has a 22mm xmax, which is higher than other true spl subs. it has NO RMS/PEAK POWER. he said the motor structors are alot more powerful than the xxx's and they hit it with 40k watts. the standard config for the mt's will be a triple spider but the # of vc's and ohm load hasn't been finialized yet. like blue said, they will run about 30 bucks more than a xxx. the sub is ONLY ment to be burped and not used as a daily driver. the rep said since the sub is only ment to be burped and has no rms b/c it won't be used as a daily sub, thats why it has no warranty. right now a 10" is $450 bucks, which is what there cost is. as soon as the new re36.1 amps are finished, they plan to hook 2 of them up for 4000 watts rms to mess with the sub more
              '02 classic red p5

Comment

xxx comps would be very interesting indeed.
                so many component options now, it's so hard to choose when u have limited funds...
                -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

Originally posted by onehawaiian
                  xxx comps would be very interesting indeed.
                  so many component options now, it's so hard to choose when u have limited funds...
                  did you ever get the fusion components?

walight01, great info getting a sub like the XXX to bottom out at 60 hz takes a great deal of power, as they showed i wonder how the MT's would fair in a large ported box, with a port insert for daily driving, and a driver insert to swap in a XXX for daily driving:p: you'd get the best of both worlds

Comment

hhaha, would be easier just to carry 2 boxes with 2 drivers, one daily driver, one comp, just have one in the trunk and the other in the back seat, when you want to crank out the spl, just which the boxes. use twist lock cables for easy installation
                    '02 classic red p5

Comment

*wonders if I could fit the 34" audiobahn sub in my car....hmmmm lol probably somwhow but I dont think i would have room for amps...

Why not just make 1 giant ass box that is molded to trunk so its as big as possible and make have to input ports... 2 drivers... one in like a .9 cubic foot box and the other in the size you need for spl and then just unplug and plug....hmmmm

Comment

problem with that is the box would probably be too big and would force me to compete in a different class now that i think about it, how could thet get a good measurement of the box if its molded into the tire well???? interesting
                        Last edited by walight01; 09-18-2003, 02:25 PM.
                        '02 classic red p5

Comment

water... measure out gallons and then just convert the measurment

Comment

i'm not talking about how would i get a measurement, i'm talking about in the comp, in iasca, stock class I your box can't be over 28
                            " high, but how could they tell without ripping the box apart???
                            '02 classic red p5

Comment

ohh...lol

um take the driver off the box and then just look inside through the hole

Comment

Working...
                              X