Roush Cougar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roush Cougar?

Saw a mercury cougar on the way home today w/ a body kit and a Roush badge on the back? Did they actually make a cougar like they do with the mustangs?

no, hell no! why would roush waste time with a slow ass car like that. the platform even sucks.
    i hate being broke!

Comment

I saw a mercury something that had almost the same body as a Fox Body stang. There was no badging on it, minnus the mercury symbol. Ive never seen one before. I know the old cougars kinda resembled the mustangs.
      Eat ****.

Comment

I think by the time of the Fox Body, the Cougars were on the Thunderbird chassis.

My friend had a 68 XR-7 though... fun.. Too bad half the electrical systems didn't work. No taillights, at all, which means you don't get the cool sequential turn lights. And then the exhaust started leaking into the cabin. My, that was fun.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

if it was the old cougar id understand cause some came with the 3.8 supercharged, and the older ones had the 5.0. but the new ones suk!
          i hate being broke!

Comment

Mercury made a capri (nor the convertible), whihc was basically a mustang with a different front end.
            The latest model of cougar, was pretty nice. I don't know if rousch made some parts or not. They might have. Anyway the cougar did have quite a few things goign for it. The duratech could be pushed up to nearly 300 hp and many of the SVT Contour parts could be swapped to make handling quite good.
            There were some problems with the design (plastic water pump impellers are one issue) but the Duratech was a porsche design that Ford screwed up.
            The platform was the first generation conintued to the Tribute, the 6, X-type, etc., and will most likely be quite a few cars when all is done.
            2003 Protege5
            Midnight Blue MTX
            2002 Protege LX
            Black Mica MTX

Comment

researching a bit more, Roush did make parts for the cougar. They don't anymore because the line was d/c but the are making mods for the focus, F150 and Mustang
              2003 Protege5
              Midnight Blue MTX
              2002 Protege LX
              Black Mica MTX

Comment

HA HA Funny. That guy thinks he is the **** for having a Roush sticker on his car.
                2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                Groundkit

Comment

Here ya go, not too much offered other then a body kit, some suspension peices and other stuff.
                  roush cougar catalog
                  2003 Protege5
                  Midnight Blue MTX
                  2002 Protege LX
                  Black Mica MTX

Comment

Working...
                  X