fuel management for under 8 psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel management for under 8 psi

would I need that if i'm gonna be running under 8 psi? i'm gonna be using the rx-7 fuel pump on stock injectors. at least for now. when i have enough money i'll invest in a t3 and ecu. and if i was to upgrade to larger injectors, will i get more power with the rx7 fuel pump alone?
    cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Thread moved to proper section of the forum!
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

A rising rate fuel pressure regulator will probably be OK
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

well if you have 160 bucks you could invest in a used SAFC I, or for 310 a new SAFC II
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

need a rrfpr. why not grab some injectors also ? i got a set for sale for $40.
          find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

With an RRFPR it COULD be done, but why risk detonation? How much money do you really waste if you detonate? If you're gonna do the minimum, at least get the SAFC with RRFPR. That's only $200-$300 to decrease your chances of detonation. Don't risk a lean mixture!
            Current Cars
            2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
            1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
            1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
            1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

so, save up and just go the whole nine yards.
              cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

Please excuse my ignorrence, wat is a RRFPR nad wat is a SAFC. Could you just get a fuel regulator for under 5psi? Were is the limit?

Comment

RRFPR == Rising rate fuel pressure regulator. As manifold pressure (boost pressure) increases, it increases the fuel pressure.

S-AFC is a kind of piggyback fuel controller.

Comment

got it thanks

Comment

In no way would that be going the whole nine yards, thats at the most three yards...

Comment

Originally posted by FineWine
                        With an RRFPR it COULD be done, but why risk detonation? How much money do you really waste if you detonate? If you're gonna do the minimum, at least get the SAFC with RRFPR. That's only $200-$300 to decrease your chances of detonation. Don't risk a lean mixture!
                        What the hell does raising fuel pressure have to do with detonation. Thats caused by excess heat or hot spots in cylinders....All detonation is is preignition, now how would extra fuel cause that?
                        sigpic

Comment

By the way, nearly every turbo kit in production uses a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. They will work just fine for a mear 8psi. Anything over 8 youll need to go with fuel management computers and blah blah
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
                            What the hell does raising fuel pressure have to do with detonation. Thats caused by excess heat or hot spots in cylinders....All detonation is is preignition, now how would extra fuel cause that?
                            Not extra fuel, but not enough fuel.

Comment

my question is, is how much upgrades can the stock ecu take? an fmu would work, depending on the trim, but a fuel pump and fpr would be more ideal, and more accessable for tuning. make sure you have enough fuel!!
                              i hate being broke!

Comment

Working...
                              X