MSD Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSD Ignition

I was thinking about getting the MSD Ignition 6A box. I know this is a really outrageous claim, but its supposed to gain like 10HP and 10-15 lbs. of torque. Whatever the gain, do you all think its a good idea, or have any other ideas?

^^^other than the msd, can anyone recommend any other mods?

Comment

the msd wont give you anything. it only really sahows gains on older cars with ****tier antique ignitions espically if these old fashoned cars have boost.

the 6a is triple spark right? well it only does that till 300rpm, then its a single like the rest of them.
      find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Well man, all the MSD box does is create mutliple ignitions. So you can look at the MSD Al, thats what I have. Mine is not installed yet tho. You will also want to get a new external coil. I got the Blaster 2 Coil. Also, mounting it will be a pain in the ass. We have tight room as it is.. so if you can find a good place to mount it let me know lol. I'll want to find an easy place to access it when I drop the BP in later this summer. You may need a tach adaptor.. However I am not sure. I'm going to get rid of the tach adaptor for the 1.5l someway. I need to order the one for the 1.8l now. Back to your original question.. I doubt you will get 10 hp. you may see a small amount of gains while ur fuel economy may increase slightly. Ask Marcio tho. He's the one who has a successful msd on his protege.
        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
        X