piece of cr@p OEM endlinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

piece of cr@p OEM endlinks

Today, I really HATED my Protege. I was gonna install my new shocks on the rear. Everything went fine until we came to the point of removing the swaybar endlinks. We couldn't find a hex bit that was the right size, so we ran out to a hardware store and bought a new one. Got back home, stuck the hex in the endlink bolt, and started loosening. We're down to the last few threads, when the #$%^ing bolt strips!!! I mean we never even touched it before, and the first chance it gets the mother breaks on me. F that shiat!!! We replaced shocks on Hondas, VWs, and Nissans before and this never happened.
    Now I have to buy a sway bar with endlinks (was gonna do that anyway, but not for another month), unless someone can tell me how the hell I can remove them from the shock without destroying them.

PLEASE HELP
    2002 Protege LX
    ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

You can buy the endlinks without the swaybar. Here's the part number for the FRONT: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3972

Your Mazda dealer should be able to tell you the rear part #.
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

dude i did the same thing, it is a totaly ghey ass setup.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i can get endlinks anywhere, the problem is getting the stripped ones OFF
        2002 Protege LX
        ] Eibach Pro Springs [] Tokico HP shocks [] AWR rear swaybar [] PIAA Super Plasma GT-X [] custom CAI [] 30% all-around tints [] 17" Flik Wasps / Kumho Ecsta 711 tires [] APC Eurotails [

Comment

he he what u do is burn the old ones off and put new endlinks on its the easist way and most time consuming had the same prob except i broke 2 and said screw it might as well replace them all

Comment

jeezus, **** just keeps adding up i stripped a lugnut trying to get my front wheels off... WHY ME?! and i broke the socket
            2002 Protege LX

Comment

are you using proper tools?
              '02 classic red p5
              currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

You can just cut the endlink off. Unless you are replacing the whole strut assembly you can get by without even disconnecting the endlinks. You can drop the whole rear down. I have done both front and back springs without taking out endlinks.

They are always a PITA, I broke 3 socket extensions on the last DX I changed the springs on.

Comment

i'm doing mine in like 10 days.. i'm not really looking forward to it... i was told to soak the endlinks in Liquid Wrench for a wee prior to the install of my springs... which i am going to do, i just hope it does something good.

you can always dremel the endlink that's causing issues

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                  RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                  MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I'm doing shocks, so unless you're a magician you need to remove the endlinks.

And yea, I'm using the right tools.... well, except for the lugnuts, i have to use a regular socket to loosen them cause the tire iron is too wide to fit in the holes. prolly gonna use an impact gun next time.
                    2002 Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                    X