damn, listen to what i found out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, listen to what i found out

well, i took the back passenger wheel off the other day, and to my suprise i looked at the rear sway bar endlink and the bolt was rusted and the lower nut was busted off! i tried to get the bolt out, and it wouldn't budge at all, just all rusted. the bushings faired no better as i pulled the top one off and it just fell apart. well, i need some advice for removal, cause i have the money to replace both sides with energy suspension ****, but im stuck with rusty/unremovable bolts. please help! body roll sucks!
    i hate being broke!

Just drill them out...
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Bigger hammer...?

Comment

hhehehe, ok seriously...maybe try some heat with torch, a good shower in WD-40 or whatever, Dremel tool to either cut it up or grind on it to get it out

Comment

i was thinking of a really good penetrating oil. that just sucks to find out! i figured i'd have to use a BIG hammer. i just don't want to bend anything. does anyone know the length of the bolt? thanks for the input!
          i hate being broke!

Comment

WD40 = teh suxor for penetrating oil. Spring for some good ****.
            Heat that ****, a propane torch is good, and soak it with penetrating oil, you may have to do it a couple times.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Once you have the new endlinks it shouldn't be a problem. Just cut the old ones and replace. Don't bother trying to undo the rusty bolts......
              -------------------------
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
              -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

My ES endlinks came with bolts, so I don't really know the length.

I say torch it!

Take it buy a good muffler shop that does gas welding and they should be able to burn those bolts out in a couple of seconds.
                David Page aka cablemirc is a sorry a$$ motherfunkin thief
                He owes me $800.00 for leather seats he never delivered.
                He doesn't even have enough honor to stay in touch.
                If anyone knows how to contact him please let me know. clubprotege [at] evanjhoush [dot] com

Comment

cool, thanks for all the help guys!! i thought that i was in for a long haul! they look about 7-8 inches, the that sound right?
                  i hate being broke!

Comment

Working...
                  X