• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP mpg stuff for bruce

My last fill up I got:
    295 mi from 9.765 gal
    averages out to 30.2 mpg
    This was under fairly aggressive. . . ok, really aggressive conditions, mixed freeway/city driving.

you know the full tank is 13.2 right.

I would not get anywhere near 295 on 9.7 gals of fuel with my intake and muffler plus timing. ohh heck no.
    I get about 150 to 140 a half tank.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well I filled up, hit the trip odometer, then on my next fillup the odo read 295mi and it took 9.7 gal to fill . . .

edit: the intake should improve efficiency, no?
      edit 2: yeah, I know 9.7 gal isn't half a tank, that's just when I filled up
      Last edited by 95ProLeila; 04-27-2004, 04:46 PM.

Comment

lol... the intake and muffler don't really help when your flooring it most of the time. I have been trying to take it easy, but in the protege it is not easy. Even in the 323 I find myself dwindeling around 6 grand lol.. which is ohh so fun. But not for the gas mileage. lol.

I would say the protege gets about 245 to about 9 gallons or so.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

No, on our cars intake does not improve mileage. Best mileage I ever had was near 400 on the full tank. I still get decent mileage, but I do have wide tires on the car.

Like Bruce said, its 13.2 gals in the tank, however most people fill up when the arrow points to Empty, and that means there is 1.6 gallons more left in the tank. I kind of doubt there is 13 gallons, as the most I ever put it her was almost 11 gals, and it was pointing way below E. But then again, I never saw my "low gas" light come on either, so maybe there are 13 gals in there.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I find that the needle is slightly inaccurate on my car. My tank is 50L (13.2 gallons)
            When my needle points to half a tank or even slightly lower, I'll only fit like 20 litres or so(5.3 gallons).
            On the rare occasion when I'll let my tank go right down, I once had the fuel light on for a day, but I was just driving to and from work, a short distance, and when I filled up I only got 39 litres in there (10.3gallons). I know that there is a margin of error for idiots who don't check their gauges......
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Yeah, I usually fill up just below half, averages out 7 gal or so. . .

Comment

hehe! ohh I put 13 gallons of gas in the protege one time ..lol. quite a few times as a matter of fact when the 323 was down and I was driving the protege for 2 weeks.

That frigin gas gauge goes down so frigin quick. I mean at times I would jump in the car and drive to work and not realize the car was on frigin E. But it never kunked out on me like my old red 323 did when I had that bitch on E one night. I was almost stuck on the highway.

I would say I am getting about 270 from 10 gallons in the tank. That is usually where the odo is when I bother to reset the stupid thing.

btw my gasl light has never ever ever worked.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah my gas light doesnt work either, i wonder whats up with that.
                  find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    hehe! ohh I put 13 gallons of gas in the protege one time ..lol. quite a few times as a matter of fact when the 323 was down and I was driving the protege for 2 weeks.

That frigin gas gauge goes down so frigin quick. I mean at times I would jump in the car and drive to work and not realize the car was on frigin E. But it never kunked out on me like my old red 323 did when I had that bitch on E one night. I was almost stuck on the highway.

I would say I am getting about 270 from 10 gallons in the tank. That is usually where the odo is when I bother to reset the stupid thing.

btw my gasl light has never ever ever worked.
                    Yousure you have one>??
                    I ask because some models of second gen didn't.
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Yeah, I have one, it's never come on, but I don't run it that low. . . so I wouldn't know if it works or not

Comment

I know it was never in the 1.5 gauge cluster.
                        I think I saw it on this 1.8 gauge cluster but I could not tell you for sure. I know I never saw it come on though and trust me I have run the gas gauge down to the point where it was sitting on that little peg.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

If your car originally didn't come with the low-fuel warning light, it doesn't have the right fuel tank sender for the light.
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Mine has the warning light. It's a 1997 LX. I used to wait for the light to light up to fill the tank and that is how I calculated my mileage. Here's the Excel table I used.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've got the same car and have never seen the light come on, 97 LX. I just put the most I ever have in and that was 11.5 gallons. The top of the needle was even with the bottom of the empty line, maybe slightly lower.
                              Intruder, when does yours usually come on?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                              Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                              I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X