Succesful 1st mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Succesful 1st mod!

succesfully installed my K&N Typhoon intake! Just in time for spring! Only problem i ran into was the cooling bracket which i mounted only 1 screw as i couldn't loosen the transaxle bolt...other than that i have no complains! engine light diddn't turn on...sounds good and acceleration seems looser...nice start as this is my first mod ever!

any suggestions as what would be a nice follow up PERFORMANCE mod to it...i still want to stay emissions legal...looking to keep increasing hp...

thanks guys!

header-exhaust

good gains from the intake?
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

will a header still make it emissions legal? what are the good header exhaust combinations out there?

Comment

The header shouldn't change the emissions really, just get a good high flow cat while you do the exhaust, should stay legal.

Comment

From what I remember reading, a header for the 3rd gen actually eliminates both converters. So no, not emissions-legal. But do a search and double-check me.
          ~Mark.
          2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

intake and exhaust didn't do jack for me in terms of feeling a performance gain
            Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

Why would a header eliminate the cats? I thought they were downflow (is that a word? you know what I mean) mounted somewhere on the underbody. Maybe it's just my gen2-ness coming thru. . .

Comment

I stand corrected, must be a crazy gen3 thing. . . looks like it's only the first cat though. I wonder if there's any way to rig up a universal cat downstream to make it legal, I'm not exactly a fabrication expert here.

Comment

More like modern emissions standards thing
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

My car passes emissions without all this crazy stuff

Comment

the 95-98 2nd gen 1.5 uses that same type of ****ty precat.
                      It does nothing but upset you.
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I was thinking, the car is newer, so they won't be doing a sniff, they'll just plug in, they won't be looking at the exhaust system itself, is there any way to trick it into thinking it's legal?

Comment

here are some pics of the intake! sweet!
                          Attached Files

Comment

ooooooo, pretty colors, lol. Good stuff.

Comment

Looks good. I haven't seen the Typhoon intake actually installed in the 3rd gens, now I know what it looks like.
                              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                              X